“Perfect Vacation”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Bear Skye Cabin

Beautiful Smoky Mountain Luxury Cabin
Beautiful Mountain Views from the back deck Decorated in a mountain/bear theme.  New furnishings throughout
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful Mountain Views from the back deck
Decorated in a mountain/bear theme.  New furnishings throughout
Stacked stone gas fireplace.  42' HDTV
Fully equipped kitchen with beautiful granite and stainless appliances
Hand crafted amish dining table.  Seats 6
Game room with pool table and video arcade
Lower level bedroom with beautiul log bed
Relaxing hot tub overlooking a beautiful mountain range view and the twinkling lights of PigeonForge
Beautiful king bed and hand sewn mtn. themed quilt
Master Suite is over 700 sq. ft. with sitting area, recliners, whirlpool, deck and private
Romantic corner whirlpool tub.  Soak your cares away.
Rocking chairs on the private master bedroom deck overlooking the mountains. Great place to sip wine
Community pool open Memorial Day to Labor Day
Nestled in the woods and nature.  Very relaxing.
View of Mt. Leconte from the front porch
Gatlinburg and all its excitement is just a short 15 minute drive away
Floor Plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

GillAbby
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Perfect Vacation ”
Reviewed 11 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

The cabin was what we needed! Big enough for the whole family. The arcade games and pool/ hockey table kept our 8 year old busy the whole stay. Myself, husband, mother and two kids (1 and 8) had more than enough room to enjoy. All the elements of home. The master bedroom is a retreat in itself. The views are amazing. A few trees in the way but still awesome. The hot tub was what we needed after walking around all day. The pool is a short drive away. You could walk but it's up hill the whole way back. About 15 mins from both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Randall was quick to email me back with any and all questions I had. Can't wait for our next Smoky Mountain vacation will definitely book with Randall again and check out his other cabins!

Management Response
12 Jun 2016
Thank you for staying at Bear Skye Cabin and for your kind words regarding your visit. I hope that you will visit again sometime.
Jane B
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 6 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We loved the cabin, it was well equipped with most everything needed. It was nicely decorated and the maintenance staff was wonderful when we had a problem with the stove on Memorial Day.

Tips: You will need to bring knives. The ones onsite were dull. I donated a paring knife and new kitchen sponges. Also, bring storage containers for leftovers as well as foil/plastic wrap.

While the inside is cozy, it could use a spruce up on the exterior and some update with furniture (like the bed, the sofa seems to suck you into the middle) and cleaning of the light fixtures. these are minor issues and should not deter you from booking. Everything was very clean other than some cobwebs on hard to reach items.

We missed seeing a bear and 3 cubs one morning as we'd already headed out, so heed the trash warnings so you don't cause any problems.

The roads are very windy and narrow and I'm glad we did not arrive at night as it would have been very difficult to locate, but overall the owner's directions are spot on. The pool is a bit of a hike down a pretty steep incline so I'd recommend driving to it if you intend on using it. Gatlinburg is but a hop and a skip away on another road that is a bit easier to navigate and the grocery store isn't but 10-15 min drive.

Overall, we'd return to the cabin as it was comfortable, clean, and if I had any questions the owner was easily reached as well as the maintenance crew ( I had no need to contact the cleaning crew).

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size of the cabin was perfect.
Liked least: The stove next to the refrigerator- the oven door hits it.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
ethalman0...
Miami, Florida
“Great Cabin, Great Location”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

This was a wonderful cabin to stay in. It had everything necessary to be a home away from home. It was even decorated for the holidays. The maintenance and cleaning staff were very responsive to any of our questions. We would definetly rent this cabin again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall size of the cabin.
Liked least: That the stove as directly next to the refrigerator.
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Patsy S
Pickens, South Carolina
“EXCELLENT Accommodations!!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

This cabin is the perfect getaway -- beautifully furnished, CLEAN, child-friendly (if you block the stairs for little ones). Spacious, yet cozy, this cabin offers everything one could want in a mountain getaway, and it's easy to access, without one of those steep, steep driveways. We LOVED our time here with our three granddaughters, and we will definitely visit again in the future. THANK YOU to the owners for making our visit an absolute delight!

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
annatrave...
Rolla, Missouri
“Just What I Was Looking For!”
Reviewed 1 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

This cabin was just what we needed for a four night getaway in the Smoky Mountains. We arrived late and it was a little tricky to find in the dark, but I had no trouble getting to and from the cabin for the remainder of our stay. When we first arrived, I was disappointed by the proximity of the cabin to neighboring cabins, but as I explored the area, I found this to be pretty common and the big beautiful trees in the community allow for privacy. Other reviewers stated that the outside could perhaps use a little refreshing, but I found nothing notable to affect our stay. The inside was very clean. I am a bit of a germ freak and I had arrived with Clorox wipes in case I needed them. I never got them out! The bedding looked and smelled fresh, the floors, couches and chairs were clean, kitchen & bathroom surfaces also clean. The only thing I noticed were that some of the hard to reach knickknacks had cobwebs on them as if they had been overlooked by the cleaning crew for a few months. Again, nothing that made our stay any less pleasant.

When I booked the cabin, the owner sent me an email with links on the best things to do in the area and there is also a binder on the coffee table with tips for guests. Both were helpful. We decided to extend our stay by one night when we arrived and the owner was easily accessible and willing to do so. The kitchen is well stocked for cooking meals – we even found a crock pot which was handy. The rooms are spacious (the upstairs bedroom is fantastic!), there is plenty of entertainment inside the cabin, but of course, the highlight is outside on the decks where the views are stunning.

The cabin is located up in the Arts & Crafts Community of Gatlinburg, so while it is a quick drive to downtown Gatlinburg, there are lots of little shops along the way where craftsmen are featuring pottery, art, etc. so we felt like we were tucked up in the mountains away from the hubbub but close enough to enjoy shopping and the National Park within minutes. There is a grocery store and post office within 10 minutes of the cabin too.

Even though there are hundreds of rental choices in the area, I plan to return to Bear Skye Cabin. I know it will be clean and comfortable. I am looking forward to seeing the Smoky Mountains in different seasons and I am looking forward to my next visit!

Liked best: Upstairs Bedroom & Pet Friendly
Liked least: Directions were a little hard to follow in the dark
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing