“Spared from the fire”
other travellers have booked this property
Rushing Waters Cabin Rushing Waters Cabin-Creek Side View
Rushing Waters Cabin-Back Patio & Hot Tub
Rushing Waters Cabin-View From Hot Tub
Rushing Waters Cabin-Creek Side View
Rushing Waters Cabin-Living & Dining Area
Fireplace can be seen throughout the cabin
Rushing Waters Cabin-Bedroom
King size canopy bed has creek ,fireplace & TV view.
Rushing Waters Cabin-Jacuzzi Tub
Fully furnished  kitchen
Enjoy view of nature while dining
Rushing Waters Cabin-Antique Writing Desk
Rushing Waters Cabin-Creek Side Seating
Rushing Waters Cabin-Entrance Sign
Cabin in the snow
Painting of waterfall upstream.
Lower waterfall with rhododendrum in bloom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

phil1869
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Spared from the fire”
Reviewed 13 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This spot is perfect, cabin in the woods, not too far from Gatlinburg. The out door hot tub was out of order, maintenance unable to fix it, but we didn't mind. We got to spend a few days in Gatlinburg until that Monday.
Monday we drive into Gatlinburg and smoke clouded the city, my wife was scared made me turn around. That night the wind picked up (hurricane winds) had to clear large branches off that mountain rd, Scary! I felt safe in the cabin ignorant of the fire, our power was cut, found a lamp in the basement, a family texted my wife about fire, she ran out while I slept, met another vacationer who said there cabin is burning, my wife wanted to leave for good. The sky was red facing Gatlinburg. The highway b/w Gatlinburg and Cosby was a parking lot, so we agreed to sit in our car at the bottom of the hill, and keep an eye on the red sky. If the flames came over the mountain we would leave. Lucky for us the rain came, our area was lucky.
Great cabin, much needed vacation to get away from job, and kids for a week, great couple get away.
Wish all the people affected by the fire a speedy recovery

Management Response
5 Jan 2017
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. Holidays & company kept me busy.
I'm glad you enjoyed the cabin but sorry that we couldn't get the hot tub fixed before you left. The repair man arrived the day after & got it running again. . He is usually prompt but the fire caused all kinds of delays . I'm also sorry that you were frightened. I was out of town at the time but I'm sure that I would have been afraid as well. The fire did come as close as 5 miles from the cabin. Sadly many people lost their homes but the commercial area & main street in Gatlinburg were spared & back to normal within a week. I hope you will come back when things are more normal.
James c
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My girlfriend and I stayed at this cabin to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Our stay was perfect. The cabin was clean and peaceful. The bed was amazing. It's close to gatlinburg but far enough away to be quite. Once your there you'll never want to leave. We are already planning our next visit.

Southernl...
“Mr. And Mrs.”
Reviewed 15 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This place is fantastic! Very very clean. All you need is provided. The sounds of the rushing Creek is so relaxing. The bed is so comfortable and provides an awesome nights sleep. The owner and manager were so polite and nice. Just a pleasure to work with. We have found our perfect vacation cabin and can't wait to come back! Definitely give 5 stars and would recommend for any couple wanting to get away from the hustle of work and life. This place is just a quiet gem!! :)

Theo R
“Great Honeymoon Cabin”
Reviewed 31 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My wife and I stayed here for 7 days for our honeymoon. The cabin was clean and well maintained. The sound of the creek was very relaxing, and the hot tub was great to unwind in. It's only about a 20 minute drive to Gatlinburg, and there are a few restaurants and stores nearby. We enjoyed the Magnolia Tree for dinner, and had a good time exploring all the books at Our Stuff. We are already planning when we can return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View of the creek
Liked least: The pictures led me to believe the cabin was more secluded, there is another cabin right next door
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Edward E...
“Totally great experience.”
Reviewed 25 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Cabin was equipped with everything we needed. Beautiful setting. Had a great time. If you want to spent time in the National Park, I would suggest avoiding the busy summer months as it was extremely crowded.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing