“Absolutely Wonderful View”
other travellers have booked this property
waterfall downstream of cabin Laurelwood falls on Indian Camp creek
waterfall downstream of cabin
Laurelwood falls on Indian Camp creek
Laurelwood Falls Cabin-View From Hot Tub
Large 5x7 whirlpool tub next to the bed
Romantic, king size, canopy bed with lights
Laurelwood Falls Cabin
Laurelwood Falls Cabin-Living & Dining Area
Laurelwood Falls Cabin-View from Jacuzzi Tub
Laurelwood Falls Cabin-Back Deck & Hot Tub
Hot tub on deck next to waterfall
Laurelwood Falls Cabin-Antique Vanity Sink
Laurelwood Falls Cabin-Kitchen
Laurelwood Falls Cabin-Entrance Signs
2nd waterfall on property
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DanainIst...
Istanbul, Turkey
“Absolutely Wonderful View”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights. I would have liked to give this cabin 5 stars but a few things need to be addressed before this cabin is considered excellent in my opinion. We were provided with 3 white ratty towels for the entire time for 2 people. We each had one personal for the duration and shared the 3rd towel for use after the hot tub. The hot tub was heavily chlorinated which I appreciated because it didn't appear clean. If it is cleaned after each renter's use, I think the person does a poor job. I'm going to guess that it was not. The jacuzzi inside the cabin took several hours to drain. I couldn't tell it was draining at all. I know whoever cleaned the cabin would have been aware of this because while cleaning you could see the water didn't drain. I hated we used the jacuzzi initially without cleaning it first since I know the water sat in it. I really hated the bedspread. Besides being ugly it appeared old and tired. I didn't feel comfortable using it. We were provided with 2 small rolls of toilet paper. Maybe this is standard. I don't know. The decor is country. That's fine. We saw the pictures online and felt it had a certain charm but the decals on the cabinets are tacky. No big deal really. It's just this cabin has so much potential. We loved the river view. It rained hard while we were there so the flow was fast and furious. There is firewood provided for the fireplace. What a plus! I was hoping it wasn't the neighbors but reasoned if it were, there would have been a sign stating so. We really did enjoy the cabin. Just a few small things that made our stay slightly inconvenient. You shouldn't hesitate to stay in this cabin. Maybe just be prepared to buy towels.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The wonderful view. The cabin was soooo cozy for a couple.
Liked least: The towels. The jacuzzi. The hot tub. The bedspread.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
20 Apr 2013
Thank you for the sugestions to improve the quality of my cabin .I do want my guests to have the best possible experience during their visit.
I was unaware of the drainage problem in the jacquizzi & have called a plumber for repairs.
The outdoor hot tub is drained & refilled after each departure.I am aware of the rusty appearing stain . This is due to the fact it is filled with well water. I assure you that it is very sanitary.
I am so sorry about the # of towels provided during your stay. I have a cleaning service that provides the linens & they should have left many more. I have filed a complaint about this.
I'm sorry things were not perfect during this visit & hope you will come again to see that your suggestions were appreciated & heeded.
Anne
West Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway
Tammy D
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best relaxing vacation”
Reviewed 15 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012

We just got home from Laurelwood Falls last night. We stayed 4 nights. We love the cabin so much. We will be back. The sound of the creek and falls in the back yard. The tv and wifi were such a plus. We also had AT&T cell phone service too. Gatlinburg and other towns were within 20 min drive. Cabin in decorated so nice. Thanks Anne for such a great vacation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Waterfall and location.
Liked least: Hot tub not hot at all and couldn't use at all.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
TN
Reviewed 19 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Walnut Cove NC
Reviewed 12 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing