New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Texas
“Amazing Staff - Superb Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We were greeted by a delightful staff who worked hard to accomadate our weekend stay. The property was very well maintained and the room was extremely clean and tidy. I would highley recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to/through Gatlinburg, TN.

Room Tip: Upper Rooms have a super view
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
On behalf of the resort I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to go on to TripAdvisor and posting your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back and see us again in the future. I appreciate your positive review and I hope that now you have found a place to stay time and time again when you are back in Gatlinburg. We enjoy having you here and want to continue exceeding your expectations. If there is anything that I can ever assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had trouble with my Internet connection while I was there. The guy at the front desk Matt was awesome. He tried his best to get it straightened out. He said he was previously in IT. It made a huge difference all the help he was able to give me.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the resort I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to go on to TripAdvisor and posting your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back and see us again in the future. I love to hear comments about how our staff exceeded the expectations of our guests. We strive for perfection in every way and setting up your expectations. Matt has truly been an amazing addition to the front desk staff and has brought our customer service to a whole new level. I will make sure to share this comment with him because I am sure that he would love to see it as much as I would love to share it with him. I hope that now you have found a place to stay time and time again when you are back in Gatlinburg. We enjoy having you here and want to continue exceeding your expectations. If there is anything that I can ever assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Duffield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My wife and I along with our two younger boys traveled to Gatlinburg on a Saturday for a two day get-away. Having stayed in a variety of different hotel chains, I am no stranger to Holiday Inn, which depending on which one you stay at is usually a clean, safe and friendly atmosphere. This is definitely a step above any of the Holiday Inn properties I have stayed in over the past 15 years. The outside grounds and inside are well maintained. It was extremely clean in our one bedroom suite, which featured a nice kitchen. The bathroom was in excellent shape and very clean as well. The staff was OUTSTANDING. I called to inquire about a few things shortly after we checked in, one of which was our ice maker in the freezer was not making much ice. To my surprise the front desk clerk, who was extremely nice and eager to help said she would take care of it for us shortly. I was expecting someone from maintenance in 20 to 30 minutes. What we got was yet another extremely nice and professional staff member who showed up at our door in less than 5 minutes with a brand new bag of ice! He explained that the units are cleaned thoroughly after each guest stay, "NO KIDDING ON THAT THEY DO ACTUALLY CLEAN CLEAN THESE UNITS", and that the ice maker takes some time before it starts producing ice. The next morning we had so much ice we could have empty the bag he brought us and re-filled it. They have indoor and outdoor pools, although it was too cold for the outdoor pool, but the indoor pool was a nice temperature as was the indoor hot tub. We were asked as other guests have indicated about listening to a presentation in exchange for a monetary reward, which we declined and were not bothered about it again. One other interesting fact about the staff at this location, maybe insignificant to some, but important to my wife and I, EVERYONE was extremely friendly and nice, even the maintenance staff asked me how I was doing and if I was enjoying my stay. Most properties your lucky if maintenance staff even says hello much less asks you if you are enjoying your stay. I too have visited Gatlinburg many many times but usually stay in a cabin. This place has an ideal location, short walk to downtown where all the shops are, a back way in and out to avoid traffic and everything at this location was in tip top shape. Congrats Holiday Inn with coming up with something completely different and definitely a step above any of your other properties. We will be back!

Room Tip: Check the internet website of Holiday Inn for the best prices, if you call reservations make sure yo...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the resort I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to go on to TripAdvisor and posting your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will come back and see us again in the future. I love to hear comments about how our cleaning and staff exceeded the expectations of our guests. We strive for perfection in every way and setting up your expectations. I really enjoyed reading your comments and will have even more enjoyment when I share this with our resort staff. Our staff loves to hear these comments and know that their hard work is not gone unrecognized. Thank you so much for that because it truly will assist in building up their morale. I hope that now you have found a place to stay time and time again when you are back in Gatlinburg. We enjoy having you here and want to continue exceeding your expectations. If there is anything that I can ever assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Canastota, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

The place was clean and the staff was polite. It is located within walking distance to the town with all the shops, but it's also a short drive to the scenic overlooks and other attractions. There are outdoor and indoor pools and hot tubs. They also have crafts for the kids and a small game room. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the resort I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to go on to TripAdvisor and posting your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come back and see us again in the future. We try our best to exceed your expectations in every fashion of your stay and I was pleased to see the comments about how the room was clean and the staff was polite to you. I hope that now you have found a place to stay time and time again when you are back in Gatlinburg. We enjoy having you here and want to continue exceeding your expectations. If there is anything that I can ever assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We have been going to the Gatlinburg area for years and staying in cabins, but after spending a wonderful weekend at this property, I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The location is perfect, literally just a 5 minute walk to the downtown area and to all of the shops and dining establishments. We had a one bedroom suite that was larger and nicer than many apartments I have lived in! The room was well maintained and spotless. The bed was comfortable, the jacuzzi tub was perfect at the end of a long day, and having a kitchen to keep snacks and beverages in was an added bonus.
Brandie at the front desk was very personable and helped us with any questions we had and always had a welcoming smile when we came by the desk. Yes, this is a time share property, but when we were asked to come to the presentation by the respresentative, we declined and she was very polite about it....there was NO pressure at all. We were told if we changed our mind to give her a call, and that was the end of that.
All in all, this was a wonderful experience and we will definately stay at this property again! Again, a special thanks to Brandie for her kindness.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room, they are more private and quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1skinluvver
On behalf of the resort I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to go on to TripAdvisor and posting your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will come back and see us again in the future. I love to hear comments about how our staff exceeded the expectations of our guests. We strive for perfection in every way and setting up your expectations. I will definitely make a point to make sure that Brandie is recognized for her courtesy that she extended to you and I am sure that she will be happy to hear about this wonderful comment. I hope that now you have found a place to stay time and time again when you are back in Gatlinburg. We enjoy having you here and want to continue exceeding your expectations. If there is anything that I can ever assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.