“Brownie Bear: lovely little cabin for two!”

Review of BROWNIE BEAR

Kitchen at Brownie Bear
Bedroom at Brownie Bear
Lofted Game Room at Brownie Bear
Deck at Brownie Bear
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Shaquala...
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Brownie Bear: lovely little cabin for two!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

We arrived hours later than anticipating. We wanted to get here before dark, but it didnt happen to finding the cabin was very difficult. Finding the actual sky harbor resort was not so bad, but the directions were confusing once we got passed the king branch road. Luckily someone saw us and helped us find our cabin at 10 pm. Ok, so on to the cabin.....we loved the easy check in process with the key code. We called after 4 on our drive down and got our code which meant our cabin was ready. Not true. Unfortunately, it seems as if the owners had contracted out a cleaning crew or something and don't let apg know. It was kinda a mess upon arrival. The cabin itself was clean and beautiful, but there was a Ladder, mop Buckey with water, soda cups from bonangles, garbage bags left in the living room. It was sort of unsettling at first because it looked as f the owners of all this stuff had been kidnapped by the bears of the smokies!

We called the customer service after hours and they were as kind as they could be. She offered to send someone out but said it would be a while so we jus opted for the morning. In the am they sent a kind lady who cleaned the cabin and even gave us suggestions on a few things we'd want to see in the area. They gave us our cleaning deposit back( we hope, haven't checked yet) and offered us zipline tickets. I was really pleased with how this company wanted to make sure our vacation was still worth it.

The cabin itself is gorgeous. It was clean, new and better than the photos. The location isn't so bad once you get used to it. It's a little ways up and turns on to a steep road to get to it, but all and all it's fine. There are other cabins nearby so if you want 100 % seclusion you won't get it here even though you can still have moments where you can pretend that I one can see or hear you. Anyhow, this is perfect for a couple. We didnt really spend much time in the upstairs loft, but there is a closet full of games and a gorgeous cathedral window. There's a froze ball and air hockey table and the exciting washer and dryer. Plenty of linens and towels are provided. Downstairs is thefully stocked kitchen. The owners are bakers according to their info on the fireplace and owns a bakery. You can tell and I loved it! It was exciting to find a food processor in the kitchen which meant no chopping by hand. The grill and the hot tub outside was wonderful. My personal favorite part was the jacuzzi in our room. I think I spent more time there then anything else. The Bose surround sound made us want to keep music on 24 7. Nothing like having bottle of local wine, chocolate, and jazz playing while I'm surrounded by bubbles in a jacuzzi. The bed is firm but you get used to it after a day or so. Te jacuzzi had hot wonderfully hot water. I filled it with like a fourth cold, but the rest got and even after being in for over an hour it was still warm.

This cabin is perfect and worth every penny.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Jacuzzi!
Liked least: The initial walking trhough the door to see the mess
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2012 for a stay in May 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
MI
Reviewed 24 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers

Reviewed 10 May 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing