“Wonderful Mountain View Chalet!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Christoph...
“Wonderful Mountain View Chalet!”
Reviewed 13 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The entire family loved our extended weekend stay at Sugar Shack Chalet! We checked in on a Thursday evening and hiked Chimney Tops and Mt LeConte on Friday and Saturday. The leisurely morning views and the hot tub were the perfect way to recover from our hikes.

The whole place was very clean, the beds were large and comfortable and the deck and hot tub had amazing views. We will definitely be looking to book the Sugar Shack Chalet on our next visit to the Smoky Mountains!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
15 Nov 2017
Thank you for your great comments. We love repeat visitors and want your next stay with us to be very special for your family.
Mike O
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great cabin, location, and view!”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This is a great cabin located about 10 miles from downtown Gatlinburg - out of the hustle and bustle yet convenient to the park as well as town. We liked this location because it was quiet and we could commute into various areas of the park fairly easily. There is a grocery store, a liquor store, a golf course, and a few restaurants within 5 miles of the cabin for added convenience. We spent our days hiking in the park and our evenings in downtown Gatlinburg or relaxing on the deck.

The cabin is located about a mile off the highway up a couple of steep but well maintained side roads. The view of the Smoky Mountains is fantastic from the deck!

This cabin is very private nestled amongst a handful of similar cabins. It is perfect for 2 couples plus there are sleeping options for a couple of additional guests.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
15 Nov 2017
Thank you for the wonderful and informative review. We love sharing that Mountain View with our guests.
Shelliyah...
“Simply the Best!”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I booked this room Thursday and am here on Saturday for my best friends 50th birthday. When I tell you this is better than I could ever imagine. Wowzers.... it is amazing. The views are probably the best in Gatlinburg.
The chalet was very clean and orderly, and the necessary items we needed to get us started were provided.
I will have to say, I could not drive up the mountain and my anxiety set in, but once we came up and went back down, the next time it was no problem. Just glad I had my Lexus, GX 460 with 4wd.
The only thing I do wish is the large tub at the top of the stairs by thr master bedroom had door for privacy.
The decorations are nice and we felt so cozy.
My only regrets are we haven't seen any bears yet, and I didn't meet the owners. Fred and Pat are fantastic. Answered all my questions quickly. Pat called me when I didn't receive my email confirmation (due to me typing it incorrectly) ha! But she got it worked all out. I appreciate how kind they were allowing us to come a little early if we needed to, but didn't even end up make it getting here until after 3, since we stopped in town first for a while.

When we head back to Gatlinburg again, I will be checking to see if The Sugar Shack is available.
If you are on the fence about renting it, go ahead and jump on over and book it, you won't regret your decision!!!

24 Sep 2017
Thank you so much Shellie for your wonderful review. It makes us happy to know our renters are happy too and enjoying the Chalet as much as we do no matter what season. Hope you all had a fun BD celebration and please come back to stay with us and who knows maybe the bears will visit next time.
tjh83
Evansville
“Absolutely AMAZING! ”
Reviewed 19 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

First let me say the pictures do not do this place justice!! My husband and I were supposed to go on vacation to FL and after Hurricane Irma our plans had to change. Fred and Pat were awesome to work with when we were trying to find somewhere to go for a long weekend. This is a true mountain chalet, beautiful views and nature all around. The drive up to the Sugar Shack does have some steep roads but nothing my RAV4 couldn't handle. I do suggest bringing a flashlight, it's pitch black at night and although we never lost power it would be nice to have on hand. We LOVED the jacuzzi tub inside, so much so we never used the hot tub! We also stayed in one night and played UNO and watched TV, they have puzzles and other games which I thought was nice. Their really isn't anything missing from this cabin....maybe bring a blanket if you want to snuggle up on the couch.

We will definitely return and we had an amazing time!!! It gets you away from the tourist attractions but still close enough to do it all while you're there. Highly recommend this for couples or a family, plenty of room.

24 Sep 2017
We are so happy that your stay at the Sugar Shack was perfect for you and even though you needed a quick change of plans it worked out well. So sorry you didn't find the flash lights. They are usually on the mantel. We always have extra blanket in closets or the trunk at the top if the stairs. Will check the porch lights to make sure they are on for late arrivals. There are times we need to use our flash light on our phone to see the key pad on the door. Thanks again for staying at our Chalet!
Jodi D
“LOVE!!!!”
Reviewed 19 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This chalet was all we hoped for and more! We are already planning a return trip. I highly recommend this rental. The sights of Gatlinburg were nice but we would have had no problem staying in the whole time!

24 Sep 2017
Thank you and there are numerous times we never make it into town also. Please come back to visit with us!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing