“Looked like my first sandwich had been sitting for about 6 hours”

J.O.E. and Pop's Sub Shoppe
Ranked #77 of 209 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: USD 5 - USD 12
Description: Real Philly Cheesesteaks, Delicious Subs, Reuben sandwiches and more. We take our subs and sandwiches seriously, using fresh bread, freshly sliced meats and cheese and loads of free toppings.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Totally surprised at this place. Being owned by Johnson family, thought it had to be good as they own Alamo and Bennetts BBQ. I was WRONG! I ordered a ham and cheese sub with LTO. (the small one) It was $8.00 and not even as big as a 6 inch hardly at a subway. They forgot the onions and the sandwich was cold and the cheese was pasty like it had been sitting for hours under a heat lamp(even though I know it had not). The cashier/lady at front was not friendly at all at least that day! Anyone who had looked at that sandwich would have sent it back. When I did take it back, I had to wait in line again then she saw me and said "Whats wrong with your sandwich?" which is fine but she had tone in her words as well. Two SMALL subs, kids ham and cheese sandwich (which I had asked for kids sub), 2 chips and 3 drinks $40. Won't be frequenting there again ! Only went because Parton's deli closed on Monday!

Kelly J, Owner at J.O.E. and Pop's Sub Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thanks for the kind words about our other concepts. It is true that your experience at JOE's should have been just as good. While I am sorry that you did not enjoy your food, I am much more concerned about the service aspect. As hard as we try to make every sandwich perfect, we do make mistakes and we are understanding of that. But I am NOT understanding of anyone having a tone ever!. I have sent you a PM to try and figure out who this was. THanks. (PS We make all our sub to order, so I promise it wasn't sitting for 6 hours!)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have eaten here several times. We had the reuben sandwich plate. The servings were large and everything was tasty, staff was helpful. The meal came with two sides - I had green beans and coleslaw -both were great! My husband had fries (a very large serving!) and corn. He enjoyed his meal. We both had fountain drinks, which are refillable at a drink station - Pepsi products with the one-spigot choose-your-own-beverage dispenser.

the only thing negative was the price. Cost was $28.00 for two sandwich meals and drinks, no dessert. (We could have eaten across the street at the Taste of Italy for that price.)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Can't wait to go back and try it again! Delicious sandwiches and sides! Very nice looking restaurant! It's worth the drive off of Parkway!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

After stopping at several other restaurants that had horribly long waits for a party of 11 (sponsored surprise there), we stumbled across J.O.E. And Pop’s Sub Shoope where you order at the counter and have your food brought out to you. The food cam out fast and was quite tasty. We’d go here again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Very good food for good prices. The sandwiches were good as well as the sides and biscuits meal. The strawberry jam was amazing! Would eat here again