“Beautiful view to sit and enjoy!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Owl's Nest Chalet

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jimmy a
Northport, Alabama
“Beautiful view to sit and enjoy!”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Enjoyed our week with our two new found friends (bears)! Nice and very adequate for our family! Would recommend! Does need to raise shower head in upstairs bathroom!

Kevin V
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“NICE NEW DECK AND ROOF”
Reviewed 2 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

when you drive up you see a very large new deck,over looking these beautiful mountains,,we noticed a new roof ,nice having a washer and dryer,and the beds were very comfy, kitchen was well stocked even having a crock pot , we went out for day and came home to a nice dinner,we even saw a momma bear and her three cubs ,another nice touch was the computer for us to use ,the ac worked very good stayed nice and cool ,tim and carol were helpful in showing us other cabins they own for when we bring the whole family (15 of us) IT WAS A VERY NICE STAY CANT SAY ENOUGH THANK YOU TIM AND CAROL

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Bobie H
“Cute house, great views but needs some repair”
Reviewed 15 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

House was decorated nice, pretty clean, very nice furniture and kitchen. BUT, there were some very rigged electrical issues noticed by my electrician husband, master bed was hard as a rock, bed skirt was covered in dust and some white substance, mold in the master bathroom shower, also disappointed that the picture of the loft bed did not match what was there. Shower heads were so low in the bathrooms my 10 year old could not even get under it. We are very thankful my 10 year old son did not mind sleeping on the fold out cot in the loft or our boys would have had to share beds! Our children really enjoyed the stay but my husband and I did not. We apologize to be so harsh but wanted to be honest.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
20 May 2017
Thanks for the review. We just finished replacing the entire deck and roof about two weeks ago and have not gotten a chance to install the new electrical fixtures on the deck. We temporarily wired in some deck lighting fixtures so that there was at least some light at night. It's safe if not totally hidden.

Sorry about the bed in the loft. The Gatlinburg Fire Department has recently started making all rental cabins remove the loft beds. I need to update the picture on Trip Advisor. We replaced a fixed twin bed with a twin sleeper ottoman and the cot ottoman that you mentioned. We just got the twin ottoman from Costco but have not installed it yet. We use them in other places and they are actually more comfortable than the twin mattress and box spring that is in the picture.

I will have to look at the mold issue. Mold is something that we are very conscious of and make ever effort to make sure it is taken care of.

As far as the bed skirt. we just did a full cleaning on the cabin after the roof was replaced. My guess is that it is dust out of the roof. It was everywhere. I can only guess that we missed that one.

I feel for you with the low shower head issue. I hate low showers. Nobody has ever mentioned that as an issue before. I will look at installing an adjustable head. We put those in the cabins when we renovate them.

I am very sorry that you were so disappointed with your stay. I do appreciate your comments and promise that we will do everything we can to correct the issues you reported.
DonaldR14...
“Owners courteous and accommodating”
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

We did not stay in the Owl’s nest chalet, instead the owner’s made available another rental property just down the street. The location close to the park entrance was very convenient. We found the owners to be very courteous and accommodating. The responded very quickly when we had questions. The house we stayed in was well equipped and in excellent condition. We enjoyed our stay.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing