“Perfect Place for a Quiet Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dld22
Charlotte, NC
“Perfect Place for a Quiet Getaway”
Reviewed 9 August 2012 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

My husband and I wanted a quiet stress-free long weekend and we ended up at Cottage on the Creek. We got exactly what we were looking for. The cottage was located right off the main road of the "neighborhood" making it easy to access, but it was surrounded on 3 sides by a small creek and woods making it private and more secluded. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils and dishes making it convenient to stay in for meals if we wanted. There was a grocery store with a movie rental store and a liquor store a few minutes away so we were easily able to get what we needed for a nice romantic weekend. Downtown Gatlinburg was also only about 10-15 minutes away with plenty of things to do including an aquarium, and many restaurants to try. The finishes in the cottage were modern and clean and we really enjoyed the hot tub. There wasn't great cell reception in the cabin itself, but we actually enjoyed (and needed) being disconnected. Cottage on the Creek will always hold a special place to us because my husband proposed to me on our last morning there...we definitely plan on returning in the future!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers
SmoothFly...
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Relaxing & Peaceful Getaway”
Reviewed 30 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Cottage on the Creek for a weekend getaway and had an absolutely wonderfully relaxing time. The cabin was extremely clean, well decorated, and updated with all modern amenities included WiFi, and cable TV. The wraparound porch was very relaxing with the sound of the babbling creek on the side of the cabin. I told my wife many times that this is the type of place I could retire in.

I would also like to say that the booking process was painless and Peggy was a pleasure to talk to on the phone. I would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone!

Liked best: Wraparound porch
Liked least: Parking area was awkward to pull out of
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
CatCobb
“Absolutely Fabulous Get-Away!!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

This was our third trip to Gatlinburg for 2011 and our second stay with Pioneer Rental. I have to say Peggy - the owner of Pioneer Rental - is simply the epitome of Southern Charm. We were married in one of the large cabins (Grandview) in June 2011 and then came back for a get-away over New Year's 2011-2012 to stay in one of the smaller ones (Cottage by the Creek). We will never rent from anyone else on any future trips - Pioneer has our loyalty!!! Cottage by the Creek was just what we needed for the two of us to rest, recoup, relax and enjoy our time together. Even though it was close to the road it was still very private and cozy. The creek was so wonderful to listen to while enjoying the hot tub on a cold night!! In June Peggy helped us plan our wedding at Grandview - finding a pastor, a photographer and other details to make it a great day...for our New Year's get away Peggy called to check on us - Cottage by the Creek is one of the few cabins without a washer/dryer so she offered to bring over extra towels for our stay. When we left we felt like we were ready to take on the world and also starting looking at a calendar to see when we could get back as soon as possible!!! Thank you Pionner and Peggy!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole experience was wonderful!
Liked least: If I had to find one thing to improve - Bigger towels!! :)
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
ParrotHea...
Florida
“A Great, Cozy Cabin”
Reviewed 22 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

Let me first commend Peggy, whom others have mentioned, for her outstanding service in managing the property. We corresponded via e-mail numerous times both before and during my stay, and she always wrote me back quickly and provided plenty of useful information.

The cabin is 10+ miles outside of the heart of Gatlinburg, but that's exactly what we wanted--we had no desire to be near the crowds and touristy shops of either Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. If you want to be away from the action, this is the place for you.

The cabin is located behind a golf course and at the bottom of a mountain (Webb Mountain, I believe). The good news about that is that you don't have to drive up the mountain to get there. The bad news is that everyone else does--and the main road goes right by this cabin. There was a LOT of traffic, and at all hours of the day and night. However, we were there during the peak fall season, and I would assume there isn't quite so much traffic at other times of the year.

The cabin has an isolated feeling, and there's plenty of room on the porch to sit and enjoy the sounds of Butler Branch bubbling over the rocks without being seen from the road.

The cabin is cozy, but is plenty spacious enough for a couple. And it's rustic, but has modern appliances and touches.

I agree with the commenter who was disappointed in the fireplace--it's a bit less than I expected. We didn't find the bed particularly uncomfortable, though. It didn't compare to the Tempurpedic we have at home, but we didn't ache after sleeping on it.

I also agree with the reviewer who commented that a washer and dryer would be nice, although I'm not sure where they would go. Along these lines, note that there's no iron or ironing board in the house.

Neither our AT&T nor Verizon phones had coverage, but the cabin has a landline and you're welcome to use it. It also has WiFi, although I found it to be a bit spotty.

If I were staying in this area again, I would definitely consider renting this property once more. It was clean, comfortable, and a great value.

Liked best: The creek
Liked least: The traffic
Tennessee...
Middle Tennessee
“Great cottage - poor bed”
Reviewed 8 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

There were a lot of great things about the Cottage on the Creek. First, the cottage was very clean and had many nice amenities. The rooms were very spacious. The owners of the cottage even left us a candy bar with a note asking us to enjoy our visit. There were a few items which I think could really move this cabin from a "very Good" to an "Excellent" rating. First, the king size bed was extremely uncomfortable. My husband and I woke up every morning with stiff backs, which made hiking a little uncomfortable. Also, the fireplace isn't what we expected. It heated the living room area, but it's more of a space heater-type device than an actual fireplace. Lastly, when making my reservations, I asked the rental property contact the distance between Cottage on a Creek and Gatlinburg. She indicated it was about 10 minutes away and Pigeon Forge was 15 minutes. She was correct, it took about 10 minutes to get to Gatlinburg city limits, not the actual sight seeing area. I guess I should have been more specific about where I was trying to go, but it would be helpful to provide that clarification to visitors in the future. Overall, our experience was great. It's very evident that the owners have put a lot of time and effort into restoring this cottage. I just think these three tweaks could go a long way. Thank you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness of the cottage
Liked least: The very hard bed
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing