All reviews pool table hot tub love nest steep driveway main level great cabin living room full kitchen ober gatlinburg close to town black beans washer and dryer the great smoky mountains home away from home visit gatlinburg national park rental
Reviewed 12 April 2012

First off, I want to say that our overall experience was wonderful. Our family had a terrific time and the cabin is very nice. The proximity to both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg as well as to the park itself could not be more convenient. It could use some updates though, in my opinion that would cost the owner very little in the end; i.e. a decent flat screen TV monitor for the main living room area and perhaps replacing the deck table and chairs. We loved that the beds were comfortable. The washer/dryer and the dishwasher were quiet...always a plus. Our only complaint is that our kids love the hot tub but and due to inadequate chemical levels, they developed a staph infection known as Folliculitis which causes them to break out into an itchy, bumpy rash that needs to be treated with antibiotics. $75.00 later after a doctors visit and prescriptions, they are on their way to being back to normal. So please beware and insist that the water's acid and chlorine levels be accurately checked prior to using.

2  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We had a horrible experience reserving a chalet many years ago with a different company so we booked this one with our fingers crossed, hoping for an experience of lasting memories. We reserved "Stardust" #709 for an extended weekend through Easter for our family of 5 and we were delightfully surprised that the chalet far exceeded our expectations. The pictures did not capture how much room that there really is. I was half expecting that someone would have to sleep on the sofa and we would feel cramped all weekend, but fortunately that was not the case. The entire rental transaction was easy and better than expected!
The chalet was clean and quaint. I saw NO sign of insect infestations. There was ample room in each of the three bedrooms to store our clothing. Everything was provided for us to use including all bedding and linens, dishes and cookware. We didn't have to bring anything, but what food we wanted to prepare and our clothes. I would definitely recommend this rental to everyone.

Room Tip: The main level and upper bedrooms are warmer. The interior steps from the basement and also going up to the loft area are steep.
1  Thank Aibrean2012
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at 917 Breathless. This was a nice Chalet with an excellent view of the Smoky Mountains. We stayed for 5 days/4 nights. The family enjoyed the stay, even though, we were hardly there. After a day's worth of attractions and eating, we enjoyed the secluded chalet and its whirlpool and sauna to ease our aching bodies. Just in time to get up the next morning and do it all over again. The chalet was about a 5 to 10 minutes from everything you will do. The roads to get there are winding and curvy but the pavement to park outside this chalet is level. If you are looking for something quiet and away from the melee which is downtown Gatlinburg, this is your place. The TV's in bedroom are a little outdated and the bathrooms had old amenities (3 star equivalent) but they worked fine. Also, there was a pool table just in case you had some extra time there.

1  Thank SmoothBrown
Reviewed 9 April 2012

What a wonderful Chalet!! We came down from Mason, OH to get married in Gatlinburg. I have never stayed in a chalet before and we were very excited. This chalet lived up to our expectations. It is beautiful on the inside and outside. Great location and very private. My 13 year old daughter really enjoyed it too. We will definately be coming back. The only complaint I have is the bathroom lighting could be alot brighter. We will definately recommend this chalet to other people.

1  Thank Hannah J
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My family and I chose to work with Chalet Village when planning our spring break vacation this year. We had never been to the Smoky Mountain area and wanted to see it. There are many chalet, condo and cabin rental places to choose from in the area. I made my decision based on the initial phone conversation. I called three places for information. One seemed very unorganized, one was completely RUDE and then there was Chalet Village. The person on the phone was very patient and kind, and answered all my questions. We chose a two bedroom chalet in the mountains and found the whole process very smooth and easy. PLUS, the chalet itself was very clean, comfortable and nice, with room to spread out and relax. For just a little more than you'd pay for a regular one-room hotel room, you can get an entire chalet, with multiple bedrooms, a full kitchen, on-site laundry, hot tub, whirlpool tub, and many more amenities, including two decks, overlooking the mountain view. Our experience could not have been better, and we are so glad we went with Chalet Village! PLUS, we were just minutes from downtown Gatlinburg, yet secluded enough and up in the mountains so we had the real "get away" experience! Wonderful! (We stayed at the #936 Holly Tree Cabin!)

2  Thank thebirdguy123