“Great value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
illinois
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Our visit started off a little rocky...the room hadn't been cleaned properly from the last guest. But the problem was quickly resolved and we loved our stay! The beds were super comfortable and the creek was lovely to listen to. The fireplace was nice and warm and the jacuzzi hottub was perfect for relaxing. It was a quick walk to the main drag and a quick drive into the park. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank colette424

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Clean reasonably priced and great location. Staff was friendly.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

This hotel surpassed my expectations! Old Creek Lodge is part of the Fairfield Inn. We were within walking distance to everything! Yes, we even walked to the Aquarium.

My room had 2 queen beds, a gas fireplace, a balcony overlooking a creek, a whirlpool bath (in the same room as the beds) a fridge, microwave & the bathroom was beautifully tiled My room was clean, so was the parking lot and the rest of the hotel grounds.

Cons: Paper thin walls - We were in room 207 and could hear our neighbors shower, use the hot tub & then some. Breakfast was bagels, waffles, juice and cereal in a teeny tiny room.

We ate at a bunch of local restaurants during our week long stay but I must say that dinner at Bennett's BBQ was fantastic! (their breakfast on the other hand was just ok..) Calhouns was pricey but good, No Way Jose was excellent & the best breakfast was by far at the Little House of Pancakes at 807 Parkway.

1 Thank Alley C
Bristol, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

This was my first trip to Gatlinburg and me and my family stayed here and we made an excellent choice. The rooms were clean and very spacious, easy accomidations and very friendly staff. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds a fireplace and a balcony view of a beautiful stream. It was decorated very nice as well. They have a very nice breakfast there as well, and they serve very good biscuit and gravy...tasted just like grandmas!! This hotel is near the main drag and in walking distance of just about everything. I actually left my personal blanket in the hotel and drove 10 hours back home, I called the hotel and housekeeping was so friendly and shipped my blanket right away! So thank you Old Creek Lodge for making my experience in Gatlinburg a great one, and I very much appreciate your service and hospitality!! Don't pass this hotel up, you won't find better in Gatlinnburg!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms view to the stream are Fantastic!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CabinGIRL26
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

I have stayed at many places in Gatlinburg and this is, by far, the best place I have stayed. I will always stay here in the future. The room was very clean and I loved the lodge furniture. The fireplace was really nice as it was only 20 degrees the night we were there. I would highly recommend Old Creek Lodge.

Room Tip: We had a handicapped room and the walk-in shower was fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends