Glenstone Lodge
USD 149*
USD 144*
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 90*
QualityInn
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 117*
USD 80*
EconoLodge
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 219*
USD 179*
USD 157*
USD 134*
Hampton.com
USD 134*
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 135*
Travelocity
USD 1,121*
TripAdvisor
1,059 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetoutdoor poolglass elevatorthrough grouponan older hotelthe main stripdowntown areatrolley stopflat screen tvnational parkpavilionattractionstnsmokiesfireplacecreekstream
chatsworth,ga
Reviewed 9 March 2006

Let me just say that this is the worst hotel my friend and I could have stayed at in Gatlinburg. Check in was ok, the girl at the front desk was nice, and the lobby made it seem like it was going to be a really nice hotel. We go up to our room and we couldn't believe how awful it was, and I know that it's a old hotel and everything but there is no excuse for that. The overrall room wasn't necessarily bad, it mainly looked like any other hotel room. We only had 1 washcloth and 2 towels for 2 people and that's just not enough. I took a shower, and the water just kept going from hot to cold that I couldn't even finish taking a shower because it got so aggrevating. The pool is probably the nicest part about this hotel, and it's too expensive to pay the money just to swim in a pool. They only have 20 channels on the tv (i'm not exaggerating)not 1 is a music channel and there are several channels on there twice. Plus, there wasn't even a good alarm clock in our room. We thought we had overslept and it turned out that there was something wrong with our alarm clock so it was only 9 and we thought it was 10:30 so we only had 30 minutes to get ready and check out. The clock was soo faint that you couldn't even hear it (no joke) and it was turned all the way up. So we explained this to the front desk, and the lady was absolutely RUDE as could be. First, we took the alarm clock down there to her and explained our deal, well instead of listening to us she decided to continue answering the phones, all she was worried about was what card we were going to put it on. Rude, Rude, Rude! That really made us mad, and then when we were leaving she never ONCE!! said i'm sorry your stay was so bad or never come back or anything. This hotel is over priced for what you get, and it's just not worth it when there are cheaper and better hotels.. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: March 2006
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Carolina
Reviewed 23 November 2005

We check in with a group. I asked for non-smoking w/ 2 queen bed and was given smoking. When I complained to desk, they changed my room to non-smoking with a king bed and a pull out sofa. The sofa bed was horrible and they did not have any extra pillows for the sofa bed. You could smoke in the halls on a non-smoking floor. There is no room service and the resturant is only open certain hours. The elevators are as slow as molasses and there are no carts to bring your luggage up. The staff seems highly incompetent in customer service. Also, they allow smoking by the in-door pools. This really gripes me, due to the fact that guests with breathing problems, can not enjoy the same benefits as those that are healthy. It was not the cleaniest hotel that I have stayed in either. I also asked about a computer and was told that they had a computer room but it was locked and they didn't have a key. Next time, I will know to choose Holiday Inn right beside the Glenstone Lodge.

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled on business
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 October 2005

As a frequent business traveler, I have stayed in a wide variety of hotels. Add to this that since I was a small child, I have visited Gatlinburg many times for over 44 years, I am pretty familiar with what should be expected when booking accommodations to this area. My wife and I came up with one of those last minute brainstorms to take the kids and my mom up to Gatlinburg this past weekend. We knew we would be going to Pigeon Forge during part of the day, but we wanted to stay in Gatlinburg as we enjoy walking in town during the evenings. I used the Internet to check out the properties that had vacancies and to view pictures of the facilities. I thought the Glenstone looked nice and they had vacancies for the two nights we required. My wife found this site the day before our departure, and we were quite nervous after reading the reviews and were ready for a fight when we arrived. As she said, she can take old but not dirty. The lobby was as advertised in the pics, and we found the staff very accommodating. As we were prepared to look elsewhere when we arrived, we did not unload any luggage prior to checking out the rooms. We had reserved two rooms, but I had failed to request that they adjoin. We went to the rooms assigned to us, we found them totally acceptable and as advertised in the pics on the Glenstone website, but on opposite sides of the wing. We went back to the desk and were given keys to a couple of different rooms and found two that did adjoin. We did not find any of the horror stories of dirty rooms or mold in any of the 6 rooms we went through. The rooms are fairly representative of any room you will get if you stay within walking distance of the main strip of Gatlinburg. I would compare them to Comfort Inn, Best Western, etc. as far as size and ammenities. Our rooms faced the outdoor pool, I would think if you face the indoor pool you may have some noise and heat issues. We would have liked rooms that faced the street with the balconies, but none were available. The bathrooms were somewhat small, but workable. The living area was larger than an average hotel. We found the beds very comfortable. The kids loved the indoor pool that stayed opened fairly late, and they went down in the evenings after we returned from town each night. The outdoor pool area looked nice, but it was too cool to use. We ate breakfast at the restaurant one morning before heading to Pigeon Forge. They were having a special for $5. Cooked to order eggs and meats were good, fruit was not fresh but edible, and the grits were a little runny, but for 5 bucks, it still beat fast food and we did not have to wait in line. We did go to the Pancake Panty the next morning, but only because we were not in a hurry and it is one of those "must do" things when in Gatlinburg. All in all we found the facilities to be as advertised, the staff very accommodating, and most importantly everything was clean. There were a couple of negatives. The hotel sits about 4 tenths of a mile up a hill from the main drag. It is not a bad walk, but if that is an issue, the trolley stop is right next to the hotel. The elevators are old and slow, so we used the staircases and stairwells for the most part. When we ate breakfast at the hotel they did not make it well known that the gratuity was included in the bill. We found out by accident as we were paying, after leaving a tip on the table. The table had been cleared, but the gratuity was removed from our bill when we requested. Parking close to your room's access point may be a challenge when they get busy. I gave the Glenstone a 4 as I feel it is above average for the locale. My best guess is that most of the negative comments posted on this web site are from people not familiar with the area. My suggestion for future travelers to the area is that for the most part, all of the hotels in Gatlinburg proper have been around 20 years or more and none would be considered 4 or 5 star (diamond) caliber
property. The newer ones are either on the extreme edges of town or in Pigeon Forge. We would not hesitate to stay at the Glenstone in the future.

• Stayed: October 2005
15  Thank NWS61
Reviewed 12 September 2005

King-sized Non-smoking rooms are on a first-come first-serve basis! Something they fail to tell you when they make your reservation and take the first nights deposit. When we arrived to check-in it was very hot in the building. The first room they gave us had 2 double beds, smelled awful, overlooking the roof, and was dirty! After returning to the front desk hollering about our room they were quickly to put us in a King-size room BUT it was a SMOKING room with a balcony and fireplace. It did not smell like smoke so we were happy. It was very hot all throughout the Hotel. The pool is eye catchy but dont be pulled in by just the pool it does not make up for the run down place. On Saturday our towels were changed out and they did not leave us any washcloths! COME ON! I was not satisfied with GlenStone Lodge and will not be returning! There are plently of other Hotels better then this for the price!

• Stayed: September 2005
11  Thank David A
Tennessee
Reviewed 29 August 2005

Huge Roaches around pool, this is not a joke. I saw another review that stated this and thought "sour grapes". I was WRONG. Room had strong musty smell with what looked like mold or mildew on ceilings. We stayed one night and requested refund for second night. Pool and front lobby were great, which is why we picked this motel from the internet. Sadly, pool and lobby are not all that is important!!

• Stayed: August 2005