1,610 results
All reviews pool table hot tub theater room snuggled inn rain shower door code beautiful cabin surround sound luxury cabin gas grill arts and crafts community these cabins food city air hockey the lower level our honeymoon another cabin
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed in "The Sweet Retreat" cabin. It was absolutely beautiful. Everything was clean and well stocked. There was a media room with a large screen TV, a cozy living room with fireplace and another tv. The bedroom was upstairs and had a second bathroom with jetted tub. There were 2 decks, the lower one was screened in. The upper one had a hot tub which we loved! There is a kitchen with cooking supplies but bring your own coffee and filters! We had a wonderful time and felt safe in the well kept community.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Our first time doing business with Elk Spring Resort. We stayed 5 nights the week of Christmas.

We were very satisfied with the cabin we chose. It was just as pictured online.

Our cabin was clean and provided all the comforts of home.

We thought the christmas lights on the deck/staircase were a nice touch. We also liked the tree and other decorations provided.
We thoroughly enjoyed our Smoky Mountain vacation, along with our dog (Murphy).

Thanks for making our stay!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

Elk Spring Resort provided a great experience for my friends and myself. The pictures provided on the website were amazing. So, we were skeptical of the actual view we would have. Upon arrival, we were wrong. The view was amazing! Not only that, but the cabin's interior/exterior was more than we expected. Overall, our trip was phenomenal, but the cabin experience was the icing on the cake.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2015

I used a Groupon and stayed 2 nights with a group of 6 people at the Deer To My Heart cabin which supposedly sleeps 9 people. It was decently secluded, but the steep dirt road made it hard to drive up to the cabin. There were some extra fees for cleaning and such when the nights were reserved. The total cost with the Groupon came to about $530 for 2 nights and everything was done online or over the phone. The only complaint I have is that the cabin and hot tub were 45 degrees when we got there. We were really looking forward to using the hot tub after our long day of hiking, but weren't able to use it the first night because it wasn't warm until the next morning. Elk Springs should have someone warm the cabin and hot tub before guests arrive. For those who haven't driven to the Smoky Mountains from the north, you have to pass through Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and/or Sevierville. These are extremely congested tourist cities. Even though our cabin was only 11 miles from the Smoky Mountains, it took about 1 hour to get there with the slow moving traffic.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Adam513
Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

Upon arrival the first thing we noticed was it was not a secluded mountain getaway we were told. There are cabins everywhere very close together. Everyone can see you from their porches in the hot tub I was not comfortable with that at all. We have the worst neighbors who yelled, fought, cussed and played music all night. This was suppose to be our vacation away from people... That didn't happen. We paid a large amount of fees I was not told up front about. I did however agree to the pet fees for a pet friendly cabin. ( Now they tell me pet friendly doesn't actually mean pet friendly just that they allow small dogs. There is no place to walk dogs accept on the road which is not safe given the curves.) What I got was a cabin that had been seriously damaged by someone's dog. It honestly looked like a pit bull had gotten locked in and tore the floors walls and doors apart. We are staying 6 nights the cabin is very expensive and not at all better than other places in the area that are half of that price. I have called every day for 5 days and no one has tried to make this situation right. I don't like to leave bad reviews until all other options have been exhausted. I begged them to the point of tears upon our arrival to move us or give me a refund and we would go somewhere else. We really needed a relaxing vacation and we couldn't even get to sleep some nights. It was horrible. I also took some pictures of the cabin from the same angles that were on the web site. The pictures on the website had the other cabins photo shopped out so that you can't see the other cabins right next to it, you can clearly see as many as 8 cabins (from the hot tub) and 6 of them have a clear view of you from the hot tub. No privacy. We can hear everything our neighbors say. These are some pictures of the actual cabin and how close they are to each other. As well as pictures of the damage. You can't see the damage as much in iPhone pictures as you can in person it's just too dark and blends in.

6  Thank Sarah T