“Friendly and Filling, Reasonably Priced!”

Hughie's Taco House
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Price range: USD 5 - USD 11
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Hughie's is a fast and affordable Taco House which offers homemade food items including our "puff Taco". WINTER HOURS are limited, see below
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After a day of fresh air in the northland, we wanted a casual dinner. The woman at the counter offered great advice in choices. Seeing sauerkraut tacos on the menu, we had to give it a try. My husband ordered the beef and sauerkraut taco with rice & beans; I chose a pork chimichanga. The portions were so large that neither of us could finish our meals. Sauerkraut in a taco was pretty good!
I wish I had taken a photo of my chimi before I had eaten a quarter of it, it was huge. Dinner for 2 including sodas was about $20-can't beat that. Friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Great spot to grab a taco in Grand Marais. Friendly staff quick service and yummy tacos in a fluffy tortilla. Highly recommend

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for some take away. Service was fast and friendly. I had the beef tacos which they said are the most popular. My partner had the chicken. The shells really are yummy. Makes me wish we would have eaten in instead of driving 20 minutes before digging in. The Decore is fun and casual. Will stop back at Hughies again while being careful to watch what days/hours they are open. This seems to change over the seasons so be aware.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

So nice to eat where you are waited on by people that make you feel at home! Excellent Tacos with a smile!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped to grab lunch to take my daughter for her work lunch break (and lunch for me, too). Service was fast and super friendly. My daughter moved to the North Shore recently and had never eaten at Hughie’s before. She raved and we are going back today. Can’t go wrong if you’re into delicious, puff shell tacos.