“Neat Place To See Once”

Book In Advance
More Info
USD 218.60*
and up
Antelope Slot Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Day Tour...
Ranked #1 of 58 things to do in Page
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Horseshoe Bend is the intimate Grand Canyon experience (although technically located in Glen Canyon.) The trailhead to this 3/4 mile hike is located just outside of Page, Arizona. It overlooks one of the most spectacular views on the Colorado River, 4 miles south of the Glen Canyon Dam, and 7 miles north of mile zero of the Grand Canyon.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stopped after a long day of touring the Page area. This was on our way back to Flagstaff where we spending the night. We drove by earlier in the day and the parking lot and side of the road was packed! It was about 520pm and we were able to find a few parking spots open in the parking lot. The walk can be a hike for some. The view is fascinating once you get there. There is no railing and honestly you feel like some people are a little too daring for the perfect picture. I recommend to use the bathroom elsewhere before going. They have bathrooms that LOOK like they have plumbing but they are glorified nasty porta potties. I was glad we saw it once but don't think I would go back. Very crowded.

1  Thank Valerie T
Write a ReviewReviews (11,676)
All reviews
in 273 reviews
"bottle of water"
in 88 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The place is awesome, the view is amazing. easy to find and park the car. You might need to wait and queue for a best picture spot.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is a worthy detour if travelling to other sights. We made it part of our Navajo Bridge and Antelope Canyon day - the Bridge is worth the drive in my opinion ( far less crowded, maybe see condors, and truly serene ). Back to the Horseshoe Bend... we arrived at 12.30pm and parking was on the highway some way down from the hike to the viewing point. It is very crowded - both on the hike and when you arrive at the viewing point off the sandstone cliffs. The hike is moderate through sand and with some incline - sensible shoes and water in hand is all required. There is no protection from the sun. There is construction going on so it is worth seeing the bend before railings are installed and the natural environment of the viewing areas are impacted by the need to control tourists. I was surprised by the number of plastic bottles littered around the cliffs - how sad folk leave litter behind. I would advise about 30 minutes is needed at the actual bend - take in the staggering view of the river, some photographs and hike to the car. Overall, a worthy diversion for a truly wonderful piece of natural Earth - just be aware of the crowds.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Not rating this higher because of the crowds...I am not saying that Horseshoe Bend isn't totally awesome, just that I have never seen that many tourists (including me) on a trail before. Its was UNREAL! I've been to Grand Canyon, Yosemite Valley, and Glacier Point before. Nothing compared to this. I thought: where did they all come from? It's kinda "out there" so we were very surprised. North Rim, Grand Canyon was still closed for the winter.
I say the majority were foreign as I listened to all the different languages. That part was fascinating. Lots of folks were literally posing on the edge of the cliff to get that "special picture"...Very reckless and SCARY! It's like they had no fear. No, I would not go back. We saw tons of awesome places on our 4 state, 3 week road trip. With hardly any crowds.
(with the exception of Sedona and Hoover Dam)

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went here with my family as part of a tour and really loved the place. It is beautiful and almost surreal like its right out of an old west scene. The view is stunning and you can stand there forever and just drink it in!!!!! It really is an incredible site to see and appreciate the wonder of nature. There were a fair amount of people there but there is PLENTY of canyon to stand on and take pictures of friends and family. As with any tourist site, the other people there generally took turns taking pictures at the cool spots and were willing to help you take pictures of you and your family. Yes there is a small walk from the parking lot to the main attraction and yes it is a dirt trail but it is a nothing walk.

The only WARNING I would give is that there are no rails or safeguards and you literally stand right on the edge of a cliff to take pictures, so WATCH YOUR YOUNG KIDS. My 11 year old was jumping back and forth over a 4' gap in the rock about 5' back from the edge of the cliff. I walked over to where he was and noticed the gap dropped down about 30'. So you need to be cautious with the kids even when they are not right at the edge.

Go and enjoy the natural beauty and keep a good eye on your kids and stay close to them and you should be fine.

1  Thank dbartoletti

Been to Horseshoe Bend? Share your experiences!