“Quality Horses”

Sentinel Rock Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore this exclusive Southwest area on Horseback! We offer the best, unique and private horseback rides tailored to your riding experience (beginner through advanced) with our friendly, experienced guides and gentle, fun, well trained (and beautiful) horses. 2Hr, 2.5 Hr, and half day options are available year round (full day rides - weather permitting) exploring the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument close to Lake Powell. Instruction is also provided at the ranch. We want everyone to have a great time and have the ride of their life!
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Sarah has the best horses. This is no nose to nose trail ride. We had not been on horses in a long time and Sarah made us very comfortable. The horses are so well trained and Sarah let us do what we wanted with the horses. The scenery is beautiful and the ride was about 3 hours long. It was definitely worth the 30 min drive from Kanab.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We are a family of 3 utter novices when it comes to horses. But our 6 year old daughter was very keen to do a trail ride - and of course she is too young to do so. Sara was so accommodating that she took us on a 2-hour simple trail ride and she walked on foot with our daughter the whole way, allowing her to ride for herself the last half mile or so. Our daughter was then taught how to brush her horse Bandito after her ride and allowed to give him a special treat too. My wife and I could amble along at our own pace on our horses. These horses are gorgeous, healthy specimens and trained professionally to respond to each rider's capabilities. We had a very special morning here.

1  Thank Mutiny
Reviewed 5 April 2014

There is so much I could say about our trail ride experience with Mike and Sara at Sentinel Rock, but I will try to keep this short. I arrived at the trail site eager but apprehensive and left feeling happy and way more confident. The reason for this is that Sara trained ME before I ever got onto my horse or out on the trail. She instructed, demonstrated, and then let me practice in the ring before setting off on our ride. I would never have believed I could be so comfortable on the back of a horse, especially while going up, down, and all around a shallow canyon. We chose to do the 2.5 hour ride, which was long enough to see a lot of the canyon area and not feel rushed. In a word, our experience was fantastic. Mike and Sara run a high-quality operation, and I highly recommend them to you.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The ride was excellent. We were 3 absolute beginners from Switzerland. Sara gave us a very good introduction with a short 'on the job' training. We have seen, that Sara has a very good relationship with her horses, so it was no problem for us to enjoy the ride. We all recommend Sentinel!

1  Thank Otto L
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My friend and I visited page too and did the 2,5 h ride with Sara and Mike. Great, well-kept horses, beautiful landscape and very very friendly riding guides :) They tailer the ride to your experience level, so we could do a wonderful gallop! They also picked up water for us and took many nice pictures which they sent us by email. After the ride sara even showed us her amazing stallion: wow!!! So we highly recommend taking a ride with Mike and Sara!

2  Thank 466TinA239