I travelled 8,500 miles over 8 weeks this summer and stayed in a wide variety of places. This trip into history was particularly wonderful: A gracious welcome, a room that might have been exactly the same 100 years ago (original wood floors, earth tones, muslin curtains, somewhat spartan in decor), a huge fireplace in the lobby, and table shuffleboard in the family room downstairs. The restaurant offered excellent choices, and the location couldn't have been more convenient - it is directly across the street from the southwest entrance to Glacier. The old train station across the street has been carefully restored and I even loved the sound of the train coming through. Do yourself a favor - stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier