All reviews rooftop bar corner suite wrap around balcony hotel ambassador manhattan skyline every room has a balcony beautiful hotel great balcony turn down service hotel guests room service east river donut shop outdoor pool brooklyn brewery new york wedding weekend
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

A breath of fresh air in that it is light, airy, with a minimalist zen-like monochrome decor. Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for distressed dark wood and vintage lamps here in Brooklyn. Something different for the neighbourhood.

Glamorous without being pretentious, the architecture is inspiring while the interior is stylish and uncomplicated. The lobby is a little quiet and narrow but this is counterbalanced by the impressive rooftop cocktail bar Westlight offering stunning 360 degree views as well as gourmet Asian-fusion sharing plates. Plus the basement houses Leuca, an impressive contemporary pizzeria. And there’s a decent sized outdoor pool with its own bar too, on the 4th floor.

The staff are charming and the location excellent, with an array of restaurants, artisan coffee shops and boutiques all within ambling distance. Perfect for a vacation in the city - on the doorstep of Manhattan but a lot quieter and just that little bit more hip than its more manic neighbour.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank SimonAmbrose
Reviewed 15 May 2018

The William Vale was the perfect stay for a romantic getaway. The staff was incredible. Their rooftop bar, Westlight, had breathtaking views and delicious cocktails and appetizers. The room itself had great features and was designed beautifully, the terrace was perfect and the hotel is set in a great location to give us the exact Williamsburg evening we hoped for. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a perfect New York vibe.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ariel K
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I arrive to the hotel for a four night stay in a room that was close to 600 US dollars a night, upon arrival the girl in the reception barley greeted me and was unfriendly and sour, not a great welcoming gesture, when I arrived to the room, while the view was beautiful, the room was tiny and as I was brushing my teeth the panel in the bathroom vanity fell down on my foot and a nice bruise appeared. Upon calling the reception a sweet guy by the name Kacey was understanding and helpful and promised to move me the following day to a suite which I was Very greatful for.
Indeed this room was much bigger and nicer, but the phone lines didn’t work and I needed to be connected to the phone as I was healing from a big fall and was nursing a fractured rib in my back and having no phone in case of need was a nuisance. I walked down the hallway to use the floor’s phone to call the front desk, sadly, the girl on the other side was rude and inattentive, all I managed to hear is that someone will be sent, that happened around 5 pm, no one arrived and I went downstairs to ask agai, finally at 11.30 someone came and played around with the phone lines and left promising the lines will be ok in a while. The next morning someone else arrived and done what I hoped some work , promised it is all in working condition... an hour later I needed to call the front desk and sure enough.,, no line... again I walked down the hallway to call the front desk which sent the same guy ... so three attempts and a very long wait and the line was working.
The William vale is a new hotel and presumably a boutique one, in my experience, there was very little to justify such title, I felt from the first impression that the people who worked there didn’t really like what they were doing and it reflected in the customer service and attention to details that could make the stay much happier.
One positive mention to the cleaning girls who were warm, happy to help and smiled.., a lot....
Over all, I do understand that this is a new hotel and it will take time to run a well oiled
machine,however, as a guest which pays a significant amount of money I do expect to feel welcomed and cared for and that has nothing to do with learning the game but with simple customer service and just being nice humans

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank cookee h
DavidHLemmond, General Manager at The William Vale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear cookee h -

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Brooklyn. Simple customer service and being nice humans is a perfect expression of the fundamentals all guests should expect during a Hotel stay. It sounds like your recovery from your big fall made for a perfect opportunity to exceed your expectations. I am so sorry we did not even meet them. Our guest rooms are well appointed but not enormous, but the addition of the private outdoor balcony with great views is a terrific enhancement over many hotels in the City. A working phone or clear updates on what is happening would have gone a long way in keeping you comfortable that we were there for you. Again, apologies for the lack of efficiency and communication. The Housekeeping team does not always get the warm recognition they deserve. Thank you for recognizing them, it is much appreciated.

We do hope you will give us another chance to improve on your initial impression of the property. We are nice humans and would love the opportunity to show you our better side.

All best, David

David Lemmond

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Were to die for! The William Vale is a delightful contemporary stay in the heart of the Williamsburg area. Everything was close in terms of distance to walk, very convenient location and the accommodations are simply superb! The staff was equally motivating, polite and just as accommodating. We were there for work, the Creator's Summit, where Youtube bought out the whole hotel, but doing logistics for the event, the staff helped us out tremendously! From making themselves available to assist with the event needs, to helping us coordinate the guests properly, Peter and Khalif were the guys who helped facilitate the process to be extremely seamless and helped us manage any challenges, the program changes, as well as were over-accommodating to the youtube guests on our behalf. Lastly, being the tallest buildling in BK, the views from my corner room were divine! One can't top being able to see ALL 4 boroughs as far as the eyes can see. It was simply spectacular, and worth every penny. All in all, my experience at this location was awesome and absolutely makes me want to come back again for my own personal stay as well.

Room Tip: Best Views in Brooklyn (corner rooms), modern, location is surrounded by local shops, restaurants, and popular stores.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Emefa W
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We chose the William Vale as a base when we visited NYC for my birthday.
It's a beautiful hotel and a striking building and plenty going for it.
We were in a king room - it wasn't huge but it was modern and well designed and we loved being able to sit out on the balcony and enjoy views out to brooklyn and manhattan (depending on which way your room faces). It has all usual amenities but I particularly appreciated the ability to use AirPlay to play my own media.
It's located on the border between Wiliamsburg and Greenpoint - both great areas to explore with plenty of food and bars and shops. There's a bit of construction going on nearby as this area is clearly a spot with a lot of development.
The hotel itself has a popular rooftop cocktail bar (which we visited) and a doughnut shop across the road (which we visited too much); but Frankels deli does great Bagels nearby in Greenpoint and Lilia is fantastic if you can get a reservation. The hotel is round the corner from Smorgasborg food market which we is a must see when it is on.
It's a 10 minute walk from subway and ends up being about half an hour total trip to midtown Manhattan.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful; the concierge was great at suggesting nearby places to eat and checkout.
There are a few nice hotels in the area, but I'd happily come back here particularly if you could get a good price.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple