“Best beef brisket ever”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 19 February 2017

A friend claimed this was the best BBQ joint that she has been and she was right about that! The food was to die for and especially the beef briskets. I'm not a fan of brisket but that was my favorite dish hands down. The baked beans came in a close second. You absolutely have to try it. I think they cook the beans with the meat trimmings. Even the brocoli was good! highly recommended to make a trip down. Go early or there will be a line. Seating is not the most comfortable especially with thick winter coats and no place to hang. My only grip is that they dont serve corn bread (I was looking forward to that) but just normal buns not worth eating.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Fette Sau is the best there is. Period. There may be a line out the door sometimes, but go to the bar and grab a drink while you wait. It is always worth it. I've been to all the other major names in BBQ around NYC, but Fette Sau is on another level.

My only complaint is that it's small and looking for a seat can be tough.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

We have visited twice now, once in Jan 15, and again in October 15. This is now a must visit every time we are in NY. We are from the UK and although we stay in manhattan when we visit NY, Brooklyn is where our heart is - I love Williamsburg. For travellers - don't be intimidated by going over to Brooklyn - the L over from manhattan is easy and it's only a few minutes walk from there. Cool bars nearby - one opposite called Spuyten Duyvil. The food here is the best BBQ food I've ever eaten. An absolute must are the burnt end beans - incredible!! You order your meat by weight which is so cool. Great drinks selection too - great craft beers on tap which machetes and axes for pumps, and a great whiskey selection too. Basically, BBQ meat + craft beer + excellent whiskey = Winner!

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I loved this place - it was everything I imagined before coming to US and thinking of BBQ. You choose what you want and they weigh it - even though it sometimes looks small, it really isn't! The food was really nice and there was a good selection of beers and whiskeys as well.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

You may easily walk past this place, but make sure you dont. The experience and food are both excellent. We tried a platter of various cuts of meat, with a couple of sides and every part was delicious.
Also has a great choice of craft beers on offer.
All set in a bustling, social environment with shared benches and tables.
We loved it.

Been to Fette Sau? Share your experiences!