“Great Value!”

Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Lomzniyanka is my go to place when I crave Polish food. The food tastes like home cooking. The Polish platter is a great sampler of stuffed cabbage, kielbasy, bigos & blintzes. Best part of the meal is the assortment of salads (warm cole slaw, beets, shredded carrots, nuxed salad) that come with every meal.

The service is warm & accommodating. The waiter is always super patient to explain any questions, including the origin of the restaurant's name.

Lomzniyanka is a reason to come to Greenpoint. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

In the mood for pierogis and stuffed cabbage wandered by on a Spring - like Saturday for lunch.

Full up but the patrons are so nice and neighborly the finish up quickly when they see new hungry people arrive. So sweet!

Chose the red borscht with vegetable vs a dumpling: good choice. Had a bit of cabbage, potatoes, white beans-superfine. I believe it is a borscht contest award winner too.

Then had the Polish Platter: kielbasa, stuffed cabbage, bigos, 3 pierogis (chose sauerkraut and mushroom: the best), kielbasa, stuffed cabbage. Delish.

A small salad appetizer mix was provided gratis and set the stage, including a little basket of fresh Rye bread.

No pressure to over buy. Very popular. Very flavorful. We return often.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

A small restaurant with great food. If you weren't looking for this restaurant it can easily be missed if you're walking by. But we were looking for it and are we glad that we came from Manhattan to Green Point to eat here based on the reviews from trip advisor. The reviews were accurate. This place has great food. The portions were large, the prices were fair and the service was excellent. When you walk into the restaurant it is like stepping into Poland. My wife and I may have been the only ones there not speaking Polish. When the food came out it was just like my mother and grandmother used to make. My wife being from New Orleans and Creole was a little bit hesitant to try authentic Polish food. But when she bit into her first pirogi her eyes lit up and she was pleasantly surprised. The waitress was very patient with my wife who had 1 million questions about the menu.
In all highly recommend this restaurant, it is worth the trip.
A well deserved five stars.

1  Thank VoIPWiz
Reviewed 1 February 2014

When you have friends from out of town who are on a budget this is the place to go! It has a great atmosphere and you can bring in your own drinks which is handy. If you are down for somewhere with a bit of kitsch style, this is a winner!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I LOVE this place. I haven't had Polish cooking like this since get togethers with my Babcia's side of the family on Easter and Christmas. This is good old fashioned home style polish cooking. The white borsch is soo sooo soo good. My mouth waters when I think about it. Everything I've tried on the menu has been really good (but I ALWAYS have to get a bowl of white borsch). It's a bit of a haul for us to get there from Astoria, but its well worth it. I noticed the prices on their website aren't updated though. They've gone up slightly-the website prices are what I remember paying in like 2009/2010. The decor is a little odd, but it just makes you feel even more like you're sitting in your Babcia's house. On nice summer nights in recent years, I've had to wait to get a table.