“Excellent kosher brooklyn deli”

Jay & Lloyd's Kosher Deli
Ranked #235 of 5,604 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This s place gets four stars for outstanding deli especially their pastrami and corned beef. Which come in over stuffed sandwiches. Nice rye bread and good mustard. To complete. They have de brown sodas and hot dishes that will make the mouth water. Service us good and prices fair

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Stopped here while I was on my Food Tour with Fat Dave and was soooo glad we did. Told Dave I had to have pastrami while in NY and he delivered. This was THE BEST pastrami I've ever had. Homemade pickles were fantastic too. Had my first Cel-rey soda while here and I liked it! Who knew?
Dave had to go move the car and while he was gone I had the most wonderful time with Lloyd (owner). His stories about his family and the deli were great and he was such an awesome and interesting man to talk to.
Prices were fantastic for the quality of food and this is one place I'll be coming back to on my next visit to NY.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

While visiting home, I was walking the area and came across Jay & Lloyd's, and I'm soooo happy that I walked in. There Pastrami and rye is a MEAL. I promise you that you will leave full and satisfied. It's a little pricey but it's good. So good, I went back twice while I was home.

1  Thank mcemeadows
Reviewed 28 May 2017

......that is this restaurant's "motto." That said, we were in the mood for an "authentic" NY Deli experience. And, this place, by its looks and menu, fit the bill.

The restaurant is a large dining room with simple tables and chairs. And, our orders were simple enough: 1 corned beef and 2 pastrami sandwiches. After seating ourselves, a pleasant young man delivered the silverware and a bowl of cole slaw (excellent) and a bowl of a few smallish pickles (so-so). The sandwiches (at $13.95 each, not cheap, but maybe fairly priced by NY standard's; I don't know) came very soon after being ordered. They were piled high with meat. They rye bread may not have been the freshest. However, the sandwiches were good and, again, the cole slaw was terrific.

Our server was decently attentive, checking back on us a couple of times.

Since we're only occasional visitors to Brooklyn, this meal was definitely what we were looking for. But, maybe, next trip up, we'll look for another different deli experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We stopped at Jay and Lloyds Kosher Deli on a tour with Famous Fat Dave for Pastrami but ended up more! We were so lucky to meet one of the owners-- the fabulous and wonderful Lloyd! He shared stories about his restaurant, took us on a tour, and gave us the most amazing pastrami any of us have ever had! Do not miss stopping here! It's more than just the food but meeting an amazing man and making new friends. We live in Ohio but definitely will return the next time when we are in NYC.