“GOOD FOR GETTING OUT OF YOUR HOUSE”
Review of Casa Pepe

Casa Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,721 of 6,646 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 69 th Street
Transit: Take the R train to Bay Ridge Avenue. This will leave you on Bay Ridge Avenue and Fourth Avenue. Walk or take the B1 or the B9 down Bay Ridge Avenue towards Third Avenue you will pass Third Avenue, Ridge Blvd. Colonial Road and you will see us on your left hand side.
Reviewed 4 April 2017

A nice, dependable, reasonably priced option when you need a last minute choice for dinner. Neighborhood place that doesn't rival great tapas bars/restaurants but never disappoints neither. Known for their guacamole which they make at the table with chips and salsa, the sangria is as good or better than most places. Usually, my friends order several dishes to share like the chorizo, lobster ravioli, and the calamari. The paella and the fajitas are always good. The staff consistently is attentive and the vibe is low key which makes it a good place for friends to eat and talk. Bar has television and is generally serving regulars. Restaurant has larger area for parties. Nothing fancy but you get what you expect.

1  Thank Dominic B

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I've been wanting to try the brunch here for a long time. I wanted a nice change. Was very disappointed. First of all, we wanted almost an hour for our food. It was not crowded at all! Then, the waiters kept asking us if we wanted guacamole. One avocado mixed in a bowl was $10! What a rip-off. When he made it in front of us I knew it was going to be expensive. It was no wonder they kept pushing it. When we asked him what certain things were on the menu, he didn't give us clear answers. The food received was different from what was stated on the menu. It was very deceiving. And when we were told we were getting potato wedges because they were out of home fries (shouldn't have been - again, the place wasn't crowded), he gave us greasy, thin slices - like potato chips. The food was very unappetizing. We felt like they cater to their own kind and we didn't know any better. The sangria and nachos were good, but the negatives outweigh it. Never will we go there again.

1  Thank Daphne60827
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This restaurant came highly rated so my less than wonderful meal came as a real disappointment. Started with the Lobster ravioli. If there was any lobster in it, I couldn't find it. Inside the ravioli was a paste of some sort but the dish was so highly seasoned I couldn't make out what it was. For the main course I had Pollo Madrilena, chicken stuffed with Virginia ham and muenster cheese. The chicken was a bit tough and I couldn't find any cheese. Nothing wrong with the mashed potatoes that came with it. Looking for something nice to say, the sangria was pretty good and refreshing. Having lost all confidence, I passed on dessert. Won't be returning

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

We live nearby so stop by when we want a fajita fix. Reliable and satisfying. Drinks are reasonably priced, but not strong.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Been here twice in one month. The guacamole is delicious and their margaritas are definitely worth trying. The food is authentic, not your typical tex-mex stuff.