“Respectable neighborhood food”
Review of Casa Pepe

Casa Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,731 of 6,665 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 69 th Street
Transit: Take the R train to Bay Ridge Avenue. This will leave you on Bay Ridge Avenue and Fourth Avenue. Walk or take the B1 or the B9 down Bay Ridge Avenue towards Third Avenue you will pass Third Avenue, Ridge Blvd. Colonial Road and you will see us on your left hand side.
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

We live nearby so stop by when we want a fajita fix. Reliable and satisfying. Drinks are reasonably priced, but not strong.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Been here twice in one month. The guacamole is delicious and their margaritas are definitely worth trying. The food is authentic, not your typical tex-mex stuff.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Burrito nothing in it but chicken very dry tastes terrible expensive there too not that I care about the price much but at least I would like to have good food no cheese and nothing in the burrito just chicken so bad

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 30 November 2015

I used to be a weekly regular at Casa Pepe until late 2013 or so, when its quality took a nosedive and its prices went up. I recall that our last meal there was almost inedible: broken shells in the paella, funky-smelling ceviche, suspicious fish, weak and overpriced margaritas, etc.

I learned that all that has changed thanks to a $50 Case Pepe gift certificate I was given on my birthday last month. We intended to just use it for a drinks but as soon as we walked in it was obvious that it wasn't the same place. It was clean and the staff was 100% new. Nobody remembered the names of the old staffers there nor even the name of the owner. That's not to say that Case Pepe is under new ownership but it's definitely not being run by the old crew.

From the minute we got the complimentary bowl of chips and red salsa I could tell that Case Pepe had turned the corner. The chips were fresh and warm and the salsa was a little spicier. Giving further credence to our assumption of a management turnover was that our waiter had never heard of its classic but off-the-menu "Cadillac margarita"... a margarita with a shot of grand marnier. I had to explain what it was. What arrived at the table afterward was strong and tasty, not the slightly sour, weak $12 slush I'd had at my last visit there.

I had the enchiladas suizas and my date had chicken fajitas. Both were better than we'd had at Casa Pepe in fifteen years. The guacamole recipe had also changed for the better.

I'm thrilled that I can once again put Casa Pepe back in my favorite walkable restaurants again, if only because walking was challenging enough after a night at the good, old Casa Pepe. One wouldn't even think about getting behind the wheel.

Date of visit: November 2015
2  Thank WalkTheDoggy
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

The food was delicious and flavorful. We came here to celebrate one of our close friends engagement on Sunday night of Labor Day weekend. There were only a few table inside and some outside that had people seated, but the service was so slow. We didn't see our waiter most of the time. It took forever to get our drinks and food. Not really sure why they took so long as they didn't have that many people. It was worth it for the food but if you have plans and don't want to spend a few hours here, maybe try somewhere else.

Date of visit: September 2015