“Worth a Visit? Here’s what to expect at the Gran Electrica”
Review of Gran Electrica

Gran Electrica
Ranked #113 of 6,646 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mexican food in Dumbo, just next Grimaldi's Pizza
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This place is very small. So small i figured there must be additional seating somewhere. The decor is crisp. Not your typical Mexican restaurant design. Think upscale. The food was not cheap but it was tasty. Guacamole was creamy and flavorful. Caritas and fish tacos also had good flavor. The service was fine. Attentive, unobtrusive and professional. The location is right at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge. But it had a more local vibe. I would not call it a tourist trap by any means. So would I return? I don’t live in New York and it would not merit a return visit, but if I was a local I think this place would be in our regular rotation when we are looking for upscale Mexican fare.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We came in late January being from the neighborhood for the umpteenth time.

Got seated right away, margaritas were delicious and had a selection of tacos.

They never disappoint.

Gracias

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The place is nearby the Brooklyn Bridge which is convenient, but the food is ok (don’t expect too much), and the service is ok (we waited 40min at the bar to be sited and had to ask the waitress again since she was placing other group of people before us).

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The food it's OK. But I must admit what I like is that the place is very near to my house in New York.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Seven of us stopped in for lunch while visiting the nearby Brooklyn Bridge Park. Fish tacos for most of us, 'Fair-to-good' variety of reviews by those of us who had them. Chips were probably the poorest I've ever had in a restaurant. Small, not particularly tasty. Guac was OK, nothing special.

Been to Gran Electrica? Share your experiences!