“Good brunch with family”
Review of La Defense

La Defense
Reserve with OpenTable
La Defense is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 5,805 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: USD 30 - USD 45
Cuisines: French
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bridge St.
Description: La Defense is a French eatery bringing the Bistro flair to Downtown Brooklyn Metrotech Center.
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We visited this Randy French restaurant for brunch after family wedding the brunch buffet was good and plentiful.. the staff made sure that our large party was well taken care of and we felt at home. Recommend it for large parties and very close to the subway.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great friendly quick service, limited option menu. Daily specials on chalkboard.

Baked tilapia was dry and overcooked, almost like jerky. Sweet potato mash was fine but bland, no spices. Salad was ok. Black iced tea was ok but over-steeped.

Healthy but bland overall. Too bad given the great service.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My husband & I had dinner here last night. We regretted having had a big lunch as suspect the puddings would have been ace! The mains certainly were. Moules frites were exactly as they should be. Really authentic French food with great service and a very laid back atmosphere. Tables outside for the many people who have dogs in Brooklyn. Seem to be the current accessory- v cute.

Great alternative to the Italians and American places around. Good value too.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I don't give out a lot of 5s, but La Defense earned it tonight. Situated on the corner of the Metrotech building on the walkway and park at the end of Myrtle, it is a quiet, quaint location. I am sure the sidewalk tables are popular for lunch. I ate at 8:15, and they were barely 1/2 full but lively. I expected a more formal environment, but it was comfortable and obviously a hit with the 30-something crowd. Blanca was my server and was delightful, efficient and informative. All of their wines are French, even the Malbec, which I had to my own delight, and she even brought the bottle for my approval and tasting, a rare event for a single glass. I had the shrimp with spaghetti and a side of garlic green beans and have nothing but praise for both. All was cooked perfectly, especially the beans, which Blanca claims were not grilled, as I suspected, but boiled and placed on ice. Go figure, but absolutely delicious. Shrimp were huge (5 of them), and pasta was seasoned wonderfully with nice spicy heat. The thick pieces of sourdough bread with unsalted butter were dessert enough for me, served in a cute brown paper bag. Tables are linen and paper-covered, and seating is comfortable with table for 2 and 4 as well as a community table for 14. Only criticism I might have is the lack of noise abatement, but the positives aspects greatly outweighed that issue. Going back!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice place, good bread and butter as appetizer, quick service, very quick to refill your glass of water. The menu is not very big, still we had two different fish main courses, and both were delicious, and not oily or fat. Slightly difficult to find in the middle of the Metro Tech area.