“Great Birthday Surprise”

Ranked #1 of 57 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Birthday Surprise”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My bf and I are really busy with work and school, so he surprised me with a "staycation" at Akwaaba, and I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised! The host was extremely welcoming, (sorry, I'm bad with names) she gave us a nice tour of the property and left her phone number with us in case we had any additional questions. She also took the time to sit with us and go over some of the restaurants in the area. We ended up going to the Italian restaurant around the corner for dinner, don't pay attention to the outside of the restaurant...its nice inside and the food is great! When we came back from dinner, they had the room set up with candles and a warm bubble bath! So Great! The next day, we had a great breakfast with their own Akwaaba tea (comes in different flavors), homemade waffles topped with fresh fruit, scrambled eggs with cheese, and turkey sausage (they do not serve pork or beef). I do love my bacon, but the breakfast was great nonetheless. I could go on and on, but the point is...You need to check this place out! Can't wait to go back in the summer :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank triplover11234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We came up to Brooklyn from Florida to visit our son who lives in the neighborhood. What we came home with was new family from Akwaaba! We will definitely be returning. How could we not... with the ambiance, the relaxed home setting, cozy fireplace in the parlor, homemade cookies and lemonade iced tea, the down to earth people, and certainly the breakfasts! Oh, and the bubble bath jacuzzi in "Jumping The Broom"! :o

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The accommodations were beautiful, the service was impeccable, the food was delicious...it was everything we had hoped for and more!

• Stayed March 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My girlfriend and I recently enjoyed our third stay at Akwaaba, and the home away from home atmosphere keeps us coming back. The staff is always very accomodating of various check in times, and dietary restrictions, and they always welcome us as family every time we stay. We stayed in the "Jumping the Broom" suite this time, and between the beautiful stained glass and the great hot tub, it is by far our favorite room at the Akwaaba so far. The personal touches are beyond compare, and after three stays, we are still in awe at the fact that no matter what time we return in the evening, there is always a candlelit bath at the perfect temperature awaiting us :-). The neighborhood surrounding the Akwaaba is also surprisingly quiet, and full of hidden culinary delights. We definitely recommend Akwaaba if you are looking for a unique and relaxing stay in New York.

Room Tip: Our favorite room so far is the "Jumping the Broom" suite.