1,416 results
All reviews mr singh shuttle service loft apartment new york full kitchen mile radius long island city free car service green point times square laundry room subway station home away from home manhattan skyline boutique hotel felix pulaski
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2019

A great location near the NYC Ferry Point Green point in Brooklyn, the area is calm and great atmosphere with many small bars and brunch places to visit. The Hotel is very good overall, great interior design and the beds are so very comfortable and spacious.
The only disappointment was families with noisy children but after complaining twice they were moved to the rear of the hotel I think. This was not the hotels faulty but the parents with uncontrollable children...

The staff are very professional and very friendly and the bar staff too.. the shuttle service is amazing and thank you so much, this is a great asset for the hotel.

Overall, yes we will be back December for work and look forward to seeing you all again. The best hotel in the best location. Thank you Awesome people.

Room tip: take a room facing the NYC skyline
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony2CV
Reviewed 10 October 2019

Good shuttle service to the subway. Felix, one of the drivers was particularly helpful with suggestions of what to see and do and went out of his way to take us to the ferry and stopped to take photographs for us. Very clean and comfortable room. Nice bar/restaurant. love the décor.
reception staff were efficient and helpful
Good views of Manhattan from some of the rooms in the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Willim01
Reviewed 4 October 2019

I stayed here on a recent business trip and loved it! The room was gorgeously and elegantly decorated with homey and historical items (like an old typewriter and board games), hardwood floors, etc. Such a warmer room atmosphere than any big chain hotel would even think of offering. I was worried that it would be too far from the subway, but their shuttle service (within a 1-mile radius) erased that worry. Staff was efficient and friendly. My driver David bent over backwards to pick me up from one subway station, drive back to the hotel, run in and grab my luggage that I had left at the front desk, and get me to another subway station, giving me detailed directions on what train to catch to make it to the airport in time for my flight home. Couldn't have made it without him. Would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank jwhitehead2007
Reviewed 3 October 2019

We booked the 1 bedroom with balcony and city view. The room was very airy and cosy, we loved the layout and felt at home straight away. The balcony offers a partial view of Manhattan, we really enjoyed it at night!
The check-in/check-out process was smooth, the staff was really welcoming and helpful. We just used the car service once as there is a subway station just 10 min walk away. The walk over the bridge is not the most glamourous indeed but it feels safe enough and there is a great view of the city. The subway takes you straight into Manhattan!
We loved the area as well, we can still feel its industrial past and we can see how it's slowly becoming trendy, there is a great gourmet supermarket round the corner and lots of places to eat a bit further down the street.
We didnt have any issue regarding noise as we were lucky enough there was no wedding but I can see why some people were complaining about that, it's not really soundproofed and the wooden floors don't help. I'll definitely be back but I'll make sure there is no wedding during my stay.
I would only have one minor suggestion: the shower head cannot be unhooked to wash my hair.
Great stay overall!

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank 17celined
Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the box house for four nights in September 2019. Over all I think the staff and the free shuttle within one mile make this hotel great. The location is not ideal for Manhattan sightseeing, but it’s excellent for neighborhood vibes in Greenpoint. Lots of good restaurants and coffee shops (my fave was Brooklyn whiskers, it’s all vegan) near by, but the subway isn’t right next door (that’s why the car service is great).

We booked a loft suite on Priceline, because the hotel doesn’t price match and it was a significant discount. It was my wife and 3 year old daughter on the trip and we wanted a place with a kitchen. After looking at a lot of Airbnb’s all over New York, we settled on this hotel because it was the least likely to be a scam. When we got there the room was nice, but not really “kid friendly”. They have these coffee tables in the room that are made out of what looks like random pieces of trash screwed together, think sharp edges and unstable legs.

There were 3 main draw backs of this hotel that will prevent me from staying again:

1. The toilet paper is thinner than a razor. I found this puzzling because it’s billed as a 4 star hotel, but I’ve seen better toilet paper than this in gas stations.

2. The last night we were there they had a wedding on the roof top, which I could hear very loudly in my first floor room. It lasted until about midnight.

3. There were cockroaches in the kitchen of our room. After calling the desk (on my cell phone, because they done have phones in the room) they moved us to another room a few doors down. They were very nice about it, but it’s not sometimes I like to see.

So the staff is very nice, rooms are not kid friendly and the toilet paper is thin. Plus roaches. If you don’t mind that stuff I do recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: September 2019