“Mile End Delicatessen - smoked meat on rye!!”

Mile End delicatessen
Ranked #231 of 6,578 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Mile End Delicatessen is a "Montreal-style" deli in Brooklyn that's famous for its' smoked meat (brisket) on rye bread sandwich. It's not classic NYC pastrami
... but it's good!! This sandwich will definitely satisfy your meat sandwich needs!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Ordered to go smoked meat sandwich. Almost not edible the meat was so fatty. Bread was good but like rubber inside. Certainly not as good as was hoping it would be.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Stopped here for a lunch after reading good reviews. It's a small place and we sat at the bar. Food was excellent with huge portions, My wife and I both had the reuben sandwich, which was huge with the extra fries and pickles. The service was excellent, with friendly staff behind the counter and the prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Found this restaurant near our hotel for breakfast. The food was good and the service was good. Would recommend highly.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

So I wasn't expecting much when I read about this place on the NYT top restaurant list. Really?!? A deli? I was picturing a hole in the wall place with a butcher in the back and sausages hanging from the ceiling. Well don't be fooled - it's more of a small chic little restaurant that does cool things with poutin (even after I had a poutin overload in Montreal a month before) and other meat sandwiches. We had duck confit poutin (never found anything like that in Montreal - delicious!) and I had one of the tastiest Reubens I've had in a long time. Silly of us not to notice the big bottles of beer on the wall or the shelves filled with wine bottles - yes the deli does serve alcohol, which should've been painfully obvious to me if I hadn't been so ravenous that I didn't notice the mini alcohol menu in the center of our communal table. Lovely staff. The term Montreal deli seemed mysterious to me - well, whatever visuals it may conjure in one's head - this place is a fine representation of what one of those would be!

1  Thank jesingson