“Bad Bad service, soggy food, forgetful, pissy staff”
Review of The Spot American Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Spot American Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went to visit my daughter and decided on the Spot-- Big mistake. It was so hot and stuffy inside but unable to accommodate us outdoors where it was cooler! Waited very long to place drink orders..Luke warm Coffee (or mud) was served in dirty cups.Iced tea was not brewed - it was awful.. Waited another 20 minutes to put our order in.. 20 minutes later they served half our party and forgot half of the order.. 5 minutes later the rest of the party was served --and the food was cold and mushy-- nice portion though --however they still forgot the side orders of toast and bagels.. never refilled the awful coffee in the dirty cups..raised the volume of the music after we told them the speaker was blasting right at our table -- This was just a bad bad bad bad experience all around.. Now i see why they add the tip in ..they would suffer the "stiff" if they did not!!! Inept service, soggy food, rude staff, bad coffee, dirty mugs and silverware.. The staff just cannot keep up so they must grab dirty cups..
I guess it is a kind of hit or miss place because the reviews do not reflect our experience at all--I cannot imagine anyone raving about this place!!! Don't go unless you like: to wait long in a hot stuffy air-conditioned-less place, like soggy mushy, cold food and rude staff, you like dirty cups etc, and do not sit in the corner table where the speaker sits!!! This place sucks big time..

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The ambiance of The Spot is really great. We loved the way it is set up...nothing fancy but comfortable. The staff was friendly, attentive, and helpful. But sadly the food was only mediocre. They didn't have my first menu choice....nor my second. What we finally ordered ended up to be OK but nothing special. Frankly I had the feeling that it was prepared by a short order cook. I had such high hopes for this place and left disappointed. I can only hope that this was an "off night" for them.

1  Thank Alan17584
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on a Saturday night. It wasn't packed at all! We got there a little before 8pm.. We placed our orders and an hour later, our food still wasn't out! The hostess not once did she come over to check on us or to agknowledge the fact that we were waiting for an hour for our food! Horrible service! We ended up walking out! Not to mention other customers who came in after us received their food before us! Save yourselves!!! Don't go here!!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Brunch here was very good and prices are very reasonable. I had the french toast which was uniquely made with cream cheese. The place is very small overall and with limited space to move around. But I guess the unlimited drinks made up for this.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

The service at the Spot can best be called intimate. Like visiting a friend's home that's a gourmet cook. The food was wonderful from appetizers to dessert. The atmosphere is friendly with waitresses who greet you like family and regular customers who do the same. Mellow music and a flat screen TV contribute to the warm atmosphere. Prices are way reasonable. Only issue is the lack of choices of coffee [only regular and decaf], and your kids may take exception to mayo on a cheeseburger. Otherwise bon apetite !