“Mixed feelings”

Add it.
The Spot American Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The ambiance of The Spot is really great. We loved the way it is set up...nothing fancy but comfortable. The staff was friendly, attentive, and helpful. But sadly the food was only mediocre. They didn't have my first menu choice....nor my second. What we finally ordered ended up to be OK but nothing special. Frankly I had the feeling that it was prepared by a short order cook. I had such high hopes for this place and left disappointed. I can only hope that this was an "off night" for them.

1  Thank Alan17584

Reviewed 26 January 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on a Saturday night. It wasn't packed at all! We got there a little before 8pm.. We placed our orders and an hour later, our food still wasn't out! The hostess not once did she come over to check on us or to agknowledge the fact that we were waiting for an hour for our food! Horrible service! We ended up walking out! Not to mention other customers who came in after us received their food before us! Save yourselves!!! Don't go here!!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Brunch here was very good and prices are very reasonable. I had the french toast which was uniquely made with cream cheese. The place is very small overall and with limited space to move around. But I guess the unlimited drinks made up for this.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

The service at the Spot can best be called intimate. Like visiting a friend's home that's a gourmet cook. The food was wonderful from appetizers to dessert. The atmosphere is friendly with waitresses who greet you like family and regular customers who do the same. Mellow music and a flat screen TV contribute to the warm atmosphere. Prices are way reasonable. Only issue is the lack of choices of coffee [only regular and decaf], and your kids may take exception to mayo on a cheeseburger. Otherwise bon apetite !