“One of the nicest...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I average 2 nights in hotels a week at a Marriott family hotel. This Fairfield Inn was by far the nicest I've stayed at. It gave a lot of the Marriott's a run for their money as well. At $129 for the night, this was not only a great deal but close to Downstate Hospital where I needed to be early Monday morning. There was ample parking out front. Since the hotel is not in the greatest area, the parking lot is gated and well lit. They charge $25 a night for parking which was not too bad considering how expensive hotel parking in Manhattan is. The lobby was modern and bright as well as the breakfast area. The staff seemed friendly at check in and informed us about the special deal (triple points), breakfast, and the business center. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my room. It was larger than I expected for being in NY. The bathroom was also quite nice, instead of the standard shower/tub combination, it was a tile shower stall with glass doors. I was on the 11th floor and enjoyed that I was able to get a quiet nights rest. I was not bothered by noises or traffic outside. I enjoyed my experience at this hotel and will be sure to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here recently for 3 nights while doing some work in Jersey and the city. I liked the modern style a lot. The breakfast was convenient and offered plenty of fast options. The WiFi signal was not very strong on the 12th floor and emails/surfing took a bit longer than normal. Staff was very friendly each time we walked through the lobby. Queen beds seemed a bit smaller than an normal queen size so my wife and I had a tough time getting comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DinnerTroll
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a little while and i couldnt get out any faster the manager made me and my children very uncomfortable i like to sleep in late so my sons brought me breakfast every morning and they complained about that i think the maids were goin through our things a manager burst into my room without permission and complained about my food in the window it was in the window because we didnt have a refrigerator untill the 4th day we were here they hover and watch over you for everything my sons were scared to go make hot chocolate and while the manager burst into my room yelled at my children and accused me of smoking (saying the maids were complaining) but i only let them clean my room once,he had his nose turned up the whole time like he was better than me as he nastily scanned my room with his eyes i would hate to say it was a racial thing but thats just how i felt mostly because of the things he said which i will not repeat it only got better because i threatened to sue for the harassment but the staff in front was excellent even apologizing for the managers acts and agreeing he shouldnt of done what he did but even after that ill never go back there again

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Mistress80
Darren P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Brooklyn. We sincerely appreciate your Excellent rating of our Rooms and the Cleanliness of our hotel along with your Very Good rating of our hotel's Service, Location and Value. As part of the Marriott family of hotels, we are very proud to be able to provide our guests with a 100% Smoke Free environment. The Marriott Smoke Free policy has resulted in higher guest satisfaction as well improving the ability of our Engineering and Housekeeping departments to better maintain our building and keep our rooms looking "like new" for all of our valued guests. The Fairfield Inn team realizes that a start to a GREAT day starts with a Healthy & Hearty breakfast. The Value provided by the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott always includes a complimentary expanded hot breakfast for all of our guests to enjoy. The hotel monitors occupancy daily to ensure that each morning an ample quantity of food offerings is available so that each and every one of our guests has a Great Start to their day. The next time that your travel plans call for a return trip to the Brooklyn area, we would like to extend an invitation to you and your family to again give us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Darren Piercey

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel between Christmas and New Year and we were very happy with the outstanding service of the hotel staff. We requested for a small refrigerator the night we checked in and one was delivered in less than half an hour. My husband and I brought back a bottle of wine one night after dinner and we asked the front desk person where we could have our wine uncorked - he offered to do it himself. We could tell that the management works at hard at keeping this hotel clean and keeping their guests happy and satisfied. The front desk staff were very helpful in giving us directions to places we wanted to visit as well as suggestions for meals/dinners. The subway stop is a few blocks away and there are tons of restaurants along 5th Avenue. We never had to worry about walking around the area late at night and had no problems either about commuting to and from the city. The beds were very comfortable. We plan to go back to NY in the near future and will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KYhorsecapital
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is a brand new hotel but it was in a really sketchy area - pay the extra money and stay at the Marriott near Brooklyn Heights

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple