1,138 results
All reviews new york lobby bar front desk staff fulton mall jay st cheesecake barclays center few blocks subway station nyc spg hip valet neighborhood jfk deli
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

After a roadtrip visiting Florida and Southampton we used our last full day staying in Brooklyn.
The Aloft hotel is right next to the Sheraton and it is situated in a busy side street just of the mainstreet.
Like every Aloft it has this funky modern meets industrial feel.
The valet parking worked excellent and the guys operating the valet service were friendly and helpfull.
Check in went smooth and our room was clean and had a nice modern “Aloft” feel to it. It was super hot in Brooklyn so we were happy the AC worked well.
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and clean.
Everyone who worked in the hotel was friendly and had a smile on their face.
There is a Starbucks next door and the neighborhood has shops and restaurants.
After Florida and Southampton we were really in the city, and this hotel is the perfect spot to explore cool Brooklyn.
The hotel shares a swimmingpool with the Sheraton, has a bar and a small “restaurant” It also has a terrace and rooftop bar at the 24th floor.
On the day we checked out they conveniently stored our luggage so we could explore the neighborhood before spending a long boring day at JFK airport.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Our flight arrived early and we were at the hotel around 10:30 am well before the time to check in. The young lady (Alyssa) and young man (Richard) were so nice and friendly. Alyssa took our bags and told us that she would hold them until our room would be ready. We talked to Alyssa and Richard for a while. They were asking what brought us to Brooklyn and we told them we were going to the Shania Twain concert and we had VIP tickets and we were so excited. They were genuinely excited for us. We asked about where we could find a restaurant for breakfast and Alyssa recommended one. We got back to the hotel around 11:30 and our room was ready which check in was not until 4:00. When we got in our room on the bed there was a hand written card with a picture of Shania Twain. They had taken titles of her songs and written on the card that said "from this moment on" "You're still the one" this night "forever and for always", "Man I feel like a woman". This included 2 bottles of wine and some popcorn. I have to tell you they made our night and our trip so memorable. Thank you Richard and Alyssa!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Kathy J
Kendijah G, Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hi Kathy J,

We are so glad to see that the staff was able to personalize your stay and make it special. Alyssa and Richard are two of the best agents and enjoy going above and beyond for guest such as yourself. We hope you decide to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Brooklyn!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by very nice folks. The hotel is very clean and situated perfectly around food and shopping. Its also very close to a main line on the subway so traveling from Brooklyn to anywhere is to easy.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night during my company offsite on June 19, 2018. I was parched when I arrived and the girl at front desk offered me a bottle of water and then a second bottle. This was very much appreciated as water is all that quenches my thirst and those 2 bottles were just what I needed !!! Room was a bit small but very well done. I LOVED that there was no carpet. Not sure if the floor was wood-look tile, laminate or actual wood, but it was beautiful !!! LOVED that there was no tub and a large walk-in shower.

My only complaint is that there was a small stain on my flat sheet and no remote for the TV. By the time I was ready to lay down to watch TV and realized this, I opted to just go to sleep as I was too tired to wait for one to be brought up.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Location was great. Close to the subway so we could go anywhere we liked. Room was nice and clean. Rooftop bar was not as shown on the pictures. When we wanted to go and have a nice quiet drink the bar was so crowded and noisy that we went away straight away.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank surayab
Kendijah G, Front Office Supervisor at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Hello Suraya B,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Aloft is centrally located in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn near 13 different train stations. The Kimoto Rooftop bar is a third party to the hotel. We do welcome you to try the WXYZ bar which is located in the hotel lobby whenever your travels bring you back to Brooklyn.