USD 278
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 332/night.

USD 251
Hotel Le Jolie(Brooklyn)
USD 208
USD 181
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 278/night.

USD 383
  • Fitness centre
NU Hotel(Brooklyn)
USD 260
USD 251
Nu Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Box House Hotel(Brooklyn)
USD 301
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 417/night.

Hotel Indigo(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
USD 148
USD 137
HotelQuickly
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 174/night.

1,112 results
All reviewsnew yorkfront desk staffrooftop barfulton malljay stbarclays centerking roomfew blockssubway stationlobbynycspgjuniorshipvaletneighborhoodcab
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I have never had a worse experience dealing with a hotel than I did with Aloft Brooklyn. I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone that expects a clean, comfortable, pleasant stay.

When booking my hotel in July 2017 (9 months before my stay), I was not able to request a room type online. So, I sent an email to the address provided in the confirmation requesting a room with 2 double beds instead of 1 king (I needed a room for 2 couples). With no email response, I called Aloft to see if this were possible. The person I spoke to said that would be no problem.

April 2018, the day of the wedding, I did pre-check in since I was a bridesmaid and wouldn’t have time to check in after 3pm. I gave my credit card and ran out the door to get ready and take pictures.

My boyfriend showed up to the hotel to find that they gave us a room with a king size bed. He tried asking the front desk to change our room but they said there were no doubles available. Since they would not budge for my boyfriend, I spent hours on the phone with Aloft attempting to fix the problem. The Reservations Department told me there was a suite available that had a king bed and a pull out couch but that it would cost 3 times the amount as the room I booked. I asked that they give me the suite for the price I was paying for the room, since they messed up my reservation.

Reservations made me call the Front Desk to speak to someone directly at the hotel.
The Front Desk claimed that there were no suites available and that the block set aside for the wedding never offered double rooms. I asked, so if I booked the suite for $600 through reservations, you're telling me I would arrive at the hotel and there would be nothing available for me. He responded, yes that's correct. I asked for 2 cots or roll away beds, which they claimed they had nothing like that available. What kind of hotel doesn’t have a cot? They asked whom I emailed to request the 2 double beds, and when I answered, they said that person had not worked at the hotel for a year. THIS WAS THE EMAIL ADDRESS ALOFT PROVIDED TO CONTACT WITH ANY CHANGES TO YOUR RESERVATION. The mother of the bride even got on the phone to let them know they needed to take care of their guests, as this wedding brought them a ton of business for one night. After putting me on hold for 30 minutes (all while we were taking pictures and rehearsing for the wedding that was taking place in a half hour), the Front Desk person came back on the phone and offered me a second king room at a 10% discount. I was furious at their solution and demanded they came up something better. I asked to speak to a manager and the person I spoke to told me I’d have to wait on hold another 30 minutes to speak to a manager. I waited as long as I could until the wedding was literally about to start. I had to hang up.

In the meantime, my boyfriend was able to get the Front Desk to give us a twin size air mattress. The second couple in our room ended up sleeping on the air mattress to wake up at 3 am with it completely deflated.

On top of the terrible customer service and communication between departments at the Aloft, the room was incredibly small and cramped, the bed was extremely uncomfortable, the room had an odd smell, the bathroom toilet ran the entire night, and the tiny elevators moved at such a slow pace that it caused everyone that I shared it with to complain.

On top of that, I later learned that plenty of people were able to book rooms with double beds under this wedding block. The Front Desk attendant lied to my face when telling me double beds were never available.

I will never return to an Aloft hotel and I will be sure to tell my story to anyone considering a stay at Aloft.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank bfinn2189
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello bfinn2189,

Thank you for your review. I wish to sincerely apologize for falling below your expectations during your recent stay at Aloft New York Brooklyn. We strive to accommodate our guests requests to the best of our ability, however running at a constant high occupancy, our inventory is limited and we must honor booked room types. Due to our fire safety plan and security reasons, we do not provide cots for our guests in Traditional King rooms, we do however have our Accessible King which offer about an additional 150sqft. I believe you were offered this option but I do understand it was not in your expectations to move to this room type. I wish to personally discuss the matter with you by arranging a phone call. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time in effort to further discuss the situation at hand. I do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The rooms aren’t that bad but the lack if cleanliness and service is awful. They even left chewed gum on the carpeta and it seems like the service maid took a nap on the unmade bed. I would rate it 0. The only one who helped was the pm service maid a kind elderly oriental gentleman

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear miamarmi,

Thank you taking the time to write this review. We do apologize for falling short of your expectations. Rest assured that our Housekeeping staff work extremely hard to keep the sparkle behind all areas in the property. Your concern has been brought up to the Housekeeping Directors attention, and we will ensure top-notch service in all that we do. We thank you for your comments towards our staff member we will surely share with the Houseman as motivation to continue to strive for the best.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

After a cross country flight, I arrived at this trendy looking hotel to check in. The next day was my best friends wedding! The room was prepaid, she had called ahead to make sure there would be no problems with me checking in even though she had booked it. Lo and behold, after a 6 hour flight and a 90 minute cab ride, I had to wait yet another hour because they couldn't check me in without the credit card in hand. I explained that there was no way I was going to pull my friend out of wedding activities the night before to have her come down to present her credit card information. After I waited, called managers, etc for over an hour, they gave me the option to switch to my card. So they were willing to refund the several hundreds of prepaid dollars they had already taken from her in advance, then have me pay the exact same amount? Then why offer the option to prepay online? Finally the manager came down and took her card in person, while she was supposed to be at her wedding rehearsal! Once it was finally sorted, the manager offered to call me to make sure I was happy with my room but never did. They didn't offer anything to me for the time I was waiting or attempt to correct anything in any way.

The room itself was fine but small. Nothing to write home about. No tub, just a shower. Could hear basically everything in the hallways, including VERY LOUD door slams (you have to in order to close the door) and voices so clearly in the next room that I felt like I was eavesdropping.

The rest of the hotel amenities are basically in print only. There is a bar downstairs, but it was closed when I got there at 5:30pm. During my stay, housekeeping was only available on one of the days. The entire weekend, the internet was completely down. They claimed that the entire block had gone out, but the Starbucks next door was doing just fine...

After reading this far, you won't be surprised when I say that I will choose not to book here again. It's one thing for a hotel to have some hiccups. It's another thing when instead of steering guests over the bumps, they let go of the reins and scream "you're on your own!"

Room Tip: Suites are bigger, but closer to the elevator so can be noisy
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MichelleEllaEllaEhEh
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear MichelleEllaEllaEhEh,

We would like to thank you for writing this review. We would also like to sincerely apologize for falling below your expectations and for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Here at Aloft Brooklyn, our guests satisfaction is of the utmost importance. We understand that upholding our policies to ensure compliance with credit card security may come along with some hiccups, however we firmly believe having proper authorizations on all transactions is in the best interest of all parties. Our 285 sqft traditional kings rooms rooms do not consist of tubs but the Aloft experience strives to provide our guests with a rainfall shower experience. I am sorry to here you will choose to not book with us again, however I am confident that should you decide to visit Aloft Brooklyn on another occasion, we will deliver the experience you deserve.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I booked a 5 day stay here via a discount web site. The cost was $125 a night that included all taxes and fees which is an incredible bargain. It is adjacent to its sister corporate property, a Sheraton. It is within a 5 minute walk of several subway stations that service Manhattan and one is across the street. One of the convenient stations services the A train to JFK. I would also recommend staying here at a bargain price and commute to Manhattan. It is a 10 minute walk to the Barclay center. It is a small hotel of 8 rooms to a floor with 22 floors of rooms.

The entrance to Aloft is small and not well signed so I walked right by it the first time. Check in was swift, easy, and courteous. The lobby has a "market" area that has pre-packaged food for sale. There is a free USA Today daily. There is a small pool table and bar in the lobby too. The room was a nice size, particularly for NYC. It was very quiet, as it is on an infrequent travel side street. There is a lot of construction nearby but the hotel has excellent sound insulation.

The room as a mini-fridge that worked OK but would not make things ice cold. There is a coffee maker and hair dryer. No microwave. There is a free room safe. Everything was clean and well maintained. The only shortcoming is there is no closet or drawers to store clothing, etc. There is a bookcase-like area covered by a flimsy curtain that holds 6 hangers and has open shelves for stacking other clothing, etc. So if you have a lot of clothes that need hanging during your stay, this is not the place for you.

Within 5 minutes walk there is a shopping district, Trader Joes for groceries, and in the Trader Joes complex there is a very nice food court of independent restaurants (not a single national chain like you see in most food courts). There is a Starbucks in the adjacent Sheraton. There is a rooftop nightclub, restaurant & bar on the 24'th floor with a great view of Brooklyn. Avoid the sushi as mine had some selections that were spoiled. Other dishes were OK. Also avoid rooms on the 23rd floor due to nightclub noise above.

Room Tip: Avoid the 23rd floor as there is a nightclub on the 24'th floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank swtraveler2
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Hotel is in a good location very close to a mall/food-court, the brooklyn bridge, etc. Attached to the Sheraton hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Our room was clean and adequately sized. However, the facility is somewhat worn or not well maintained and we experienced A LOT of noise from nearby rooms.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Robert P, Front Office Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear gcalfin,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you are able to enjoy our location. Downtown Brooklyn is definitely an up and coming area and we are fortunate to be located in the hear of it. I apologize if the maintenance levels fell below your expectations but rest assured the Chief Engineer has been informed and will continue to strive to uphold our property at high service and maintenance levels. Thank you for your comments towards our staff and service, we hope to see you return soon.