1,117 results
All reviewsnew yorkfront desk staffrooftop barfulton malljay stbarclays centerfew blockssubway stationlobbynycspghipvaletneighborhoodcabjfkdeli
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We booked two rooms and requested that they be adjacent or at least on the same floor and, having read the reviews about the nightclub, asked to be on a lower/quieter floor. I confirmed this request again with reservations a few days before we checked in. But they put us on two separate floors, both higher in the building. Local staff were friendly, but didn't do much to help. They said they couldn't honor requests made to reservations! We requested that our rooms be moved, but that almost didn't happen. The morning staff would tell us a room would be ready for us in the afternoon, but by the time we got back the room would be given away and the afternoon staff wouldn't know anything about our request. This happened twice. To top it all off, we have now been double billed for one of the rooms. This happened even after I confirmed at check out which credit card should be charged! So poorly managed - I will never go to an Aloft Hotel again.

Room Tip: Lower floors, but bring your ear plugs because you'll probably need them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M
newston r, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise and lack of communication as you stated. The adjoining/connecting room request is something we try our best to accommodate, but sometimes due to high occupancy we cannot process the request. We should have been able to move your rooms to another location the next day and I am sorry that is not what happened. Please contact me at to discuss more in detail.

newston.reinoso@aloftnewyorkbrooklyn.com

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I came back to my room one night to discover that my iPhone charger had been completely destroyed. It looked like it had gotten stuck in a vacuum and was chopped up and blackened. The next morning I took it down to the front desk, and they replaced it with one of the ones from their stockrooms, no questions asked. Awesome! Thanks Aloft :P

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lizzi p
newston r, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize if one of my re:fresh talent members damaged your iPhone charger while cleaning your room. I'm glad the front office team member was able to assist you with the replacement. We are not perfect, but definitely understand the guest concerns and correct our errors.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

There is a club that is in between this hotel and the hotel next to it. The noise from the club is deafening and sounds like it's in your room with you, especially on the higher floors. The club is also open to 3am and along with all the noise from the club itself, the music, the dj, the crowds, the street noise that goes with it, especially after closing is unbelievable. I came downstairs at midnight to have my room changed and was told the hotel was sold out and there were no other rooms. Another couple was next to me checking out because they could not take the noise any longer. In the morning, I again asked for a new room. I asked for the quietest room in the hotel, and the guests in the lobby just laughed when they heard me say that and said, "good luck with that." the room I was given on the 5th floor why more sheltered from the club noise upstairs, you could hear EVERYTHING that happened on the street including the incessant horns honking, the people going in and out of the club and even a couple of fights. I lost 2 days of sleep and was not happy. We will NEVER stay here again. I have to say as well, the customer service here was terrible. There was at the most 2 people on, most times just 1 and there was always a line to be served and the attitude of the staff is extremely apathetic to the guests not just in my case. Standing on line for almost 30 minutes to get waited on I saw a lot of interactions and not one of them would I say had any level of customer service attached.

Room Tip: My advice would be to avoid this at all cost. However, if you must stay here, definitely ask for a LOW floor, apparently nothing above 6 and non-street facing, that's the only way you will get any sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin R
newston r, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences of the noise from the Brooklyn Terrace roof top and customer service. We take pride in service and also want all of our guests to enjoy their stay at Aloft New York Brooklyn. The front desk does accommodates room moves upon guests request depending on the situation, but unfortunately as you stated, we did not have one available due to sold out situation.

I would like the opportunity to speak to you more about your stay if possible. I will send you an email with my contact information. You could also reach me at newston.reinoso@aloftnewyorkbrooklyn.com.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for only one night, however the service, location, price and size will bring me back. This hotel is a great alternative to staying in pricey manhattan which is a short train ride away. Many shops and restaurants are within walking distance. The room is a good size for NYC standards. The bathroom consists of a walk in shower with glass door which has a modern appeal. The room has a minimalist design but has all the comforts of hotel room. This is isn't the Ritz, however, this gem competes squarely with mid-range priced hotels. Bottled water and coffee are complimentary. The bed was more than comfortable. The front desk checkin was quick and efficient. My wake up call was prompt. I don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. I definitely will return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5daygetaway

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Aloft new York Brooklyn Hotel. I am glad you had a wonderful time and was able to experience the growing downtown Brooklyn area. We are walking distance to the Brooklyn & Manhattan bridges. There are several subway train stations within walking distance. Fulton Street which is 1 block away has a variety of shopping stores including Macy's. Our hotel is sassy and trendy with a variety of music tones played in our Re:mix lobby area and we also have the W XYC bar available for a quick cocktail. If your travels bring you to the Brooklyn or NYC area, please give us a call for hotel room accommodations. We will be more than happy to welcome you back as our guest.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in Sept. We found the room to be a nice size for 2 people and very clean. The bed was comfortable, staff were helpful and we had everything we needed, including coffee and bottled water every day. We bought the unlimited week metro pass and used the subway to get to Manhattan and between places. We took a taxi to and from La Guardia for about $35 each way. The neighborhood is okay and just a block off the main shopping street which has Macy's and a Gap store. We were on the 16th floor and yes, we could hear the night club in the hallway on Saturday night but It didn't bother us in the room. We used our Starwood points for this stay and were very impressed that we didn't have to pay any fees or taxes. They were even able to accommodate our request for a late check-out on our last day there. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DJ9999

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Aloft New York Brooklyn Hotel. I am glad you had a great time in Brooklyn and was able to experience the shopping and subway system. We are located within walking distance to several subway lines, which takes you into Manhattan or other NYC areas. Our upper floors do have amazing views of Brooklyn and Downtown Manhattan. Unfortunately, sometimes you could hear the music when there's an event at Brooklyn Terrace, which is the roof top lounge. The events are only during the weekends and available to hotel guests.