1,117 results
All reviewsnew yorkfront desk staffrooftop barfulton malljay stbarclays centerfew blockssubway stationlobbynycspghipvaletneighborhoodcabjfkdeli
Reviewed 25 May 2012

But it was not our first choice.
We first booked a 4 night stay at the Condor Hotel in Brooklyn, through your website.
When we arrived at the Condor hotel on Friday May 18, around 11h30 am, we were horrified by the dirtyness of the neighboorhood. As our room was not ready before 3 pm, we decided to discover the hotel surroundings. It was disgusting, gabages lying everywhere. A combinaition of the worst of Brooklyn and false luxury.
At 418.32

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thanks for your comments, but not sure believe you were speaking of the Condor Hotel? We are happy that you decided to stay here instead and look forward to your return.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I put my parents from the midwest up here in April 2012 when they were in town for a long weekend. They are Starwood loyalists and used points. The hotel feels brand new and has the convenience of a bar and snacks for purchase in the lobby. They have previously stayed at the Marriott in downtown Brooklyn before the ALoft was built. It may sound silly, but the couple of blocks in that neighborhood still make a difference. Duffield is just enough outside the new developed areas of downtown Brooklyn to feel shady after dark. Wouldn't be a problem for someone with a lot of urban savvy, but the location was not a match for my parents. If you've spent time in New York and are confident with the subways (cabs from Manhattan have a hell of a time finding it) it's a great location and hotel for the price. If you live in Brooklyn and are trying to find a hotel for out of town family - splurge for the Marriott, the location is worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stua0500
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Thank you for your recent comments about the ALOFT Brooklyn. We are soo happy that you enjoyed your visit we thank you for your patience as the entire "Duffield" area is under Reconstruction with new Shopping Malls and exciting stores. As our area changes and enhances for all of guests we are happy that you decided to stay with us. We are looking forward to your next visit and hope you can experience the new stores that are opening and the great service that is provided at the Aloft.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just went to New York for tourism, and chose Aloft Brooklyn for its good cost-benefit.
Hotel is clean, well located and comfortable.

Bad side is there was a door between my room and the adjacent room, which leads to absense of acoustic insulation between roos.
I could hear everything my 'neighbour' was doing. Including his (very) passionate night with his girlfriend.
I called front desk 3 times, but they did nothing about this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no connection to other rooms, if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Dear Petersen,

Thank you for comments regarding the Aloft brooklyn family. We are happy that you chose us and we are hoping that you allow us to serve you again. Your comments are a positive report card that I can share with my talent so they are aware of the guest experience. Please feel free to contact me personally upon your next arrival.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

This was my 1st time staying here. I used Starwood points for a free night after staying next door at the Sheraton Brooklyn. The Aloft brand reminds me of the W brand. Overall, it's a very cool, hip & modern hotel but I guess I like feeling like I'm actually in a hotel room vs feeling like I'm in a dorm room.

Pros: free wifi, comfy bed, in-room fridge, cool Bliss products, cool lobby area

Cons: rooms don't have a "hotel" feel, staff not very friendly, food takes forever

The lobby bar, pool table and lobby lounge area are lots of fun and a great way to meet & talk to locals, business travelers and tourists. If you like wine, a bottle is $22 (vs a glass for $10). The bartenders at the lobby bar are great! Very friendly and make good drinks.

If you order food from the lobby bar, be prepared to wait for a long, long time because the food comes from the kitchen at the sheraton and they seem to purposely take their time on orders for the Aloft. You're better off ordering delivery from one of the neighborhood restaurant options. (You can get local menus from the bartender.)

Overall, great location to get to all parts of brooklyn and you're a few stops away from Manhattan so it's all the convenience of being in NY for a fraction of the cost. If you're going to use a car service, I recommend calling a car service like New Bell, Evelyn, etc because the car service in front of the hotel will cost you a lot more.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are slightly more spacious. Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for comments regarding your experience here at the Aloft Brooklyn.

We cannot wait for your return please let me know if you need any assitance or special requests upon your return to the area.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We just stayed for 5 nights at the Aloft in Brooklyn. On the advice of previous reviews, we had a room on a lower level (7th floor) and it was not adjoining another room.
The stay at the Aloft was outstanding! Dylan checked us in after a flight from the West Coast
and was very gracious despite being quite busy. There is a pleasant signature scent (for us) infused into the hotel. The hotel is on a fairly quiet street and of course, the bed was very comfortable. There is bottled water in your room with no charge and you can refill the bottles with delicious NY water and put them in the refrigerator. We had a small frig in the room so could take home leftovers from the restaurants or items from a store.

In the morning by 6 a.m. weekdays and 7 on the weekend days, there is hot Starbucks coffee in the lobby with real half and half. This a really significant perk for us to start the day right. Much better than brewing a cup in your room. In the morning the staff was very pleasant to all comers. I was watching as I drank my first cup.

The hotel is in an excellent location for subway stops. We took the 4 train to Yankee Stadium and the D train to Coney Island from nearby subway stations. You can also easily walk across the Brooklyn Bridge from the hotel. You are also about 2 blocks from the interesting DeKalb market which is worth a stop.

At checkout, I did not get the name of our "talent" but she walked us out the front door and handed us off to the town car dispatcher. The ride to LGA was $35 flat fee in a comfortable vehicle. Great hotel experience and we would stay there again in a NY minute!

Room Tip: Low floor, without adjoining room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Fran,

We are sooo excited that your enjoyed your Aloft Family visit in Brooklyn. I will let Dylan know that your made some great comments on his behalf. We are looking forward to your return visit.

Thanks so much!