1,132 results
All reviews new york front desk staff rooftop bar fulton mall jay st barclays center few blocks subway station lobby nyc spg hip valet neighborhood cab jfk deli
Reviewed 28 March 2012

After many New York stays in various Manhattan neighborhoods, I ventured out to Brooklyn for a recent weekend trip. The location was quite convenient. The rooms were clean, enough room. Nothing spectacular though. Somewhat lively but small lobby bar. A quick walk to the Metro stop or the Brooklyn Bridge, if you want a more scenic route to Manhattan. An unexpected perk ... the TKTS booth, which is much less of a madhouse than the locations in Manhattan. The only big drawback ... if you are in a room with two beds, you're most likely in a connecting room. Avoid these at all costs ... the walls are paper thin.

Room Tip: Steer clear of connecting rooms. Otherwise you'll hear everything in the next room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank scribe44120
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed here over spring break '12 and loved it. Aloft is new, clean, has friendly staff and everything you need for a great couple of days in the City. The location is within 2 min of 3 subway lines. Juniors, the place for the best cheese cake in America, not to mention good food too is just around the corner. It was a great choice for us.

Room Tip: Avoid uppewr floors on weekends do to roof top dance bar
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

WOW, I love Juniors Cheesecake as well it's the best that I ever had. I am soo happy that decided to stay with the Aloft Brooklyn Family. We cherish your comments and feedback and we are so looking forward to your speedy return.

Timothy Gilbert

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had the best stay here! I wish I stayed longer than 1 night. This room had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The sheets were so soft and the quilt and pillows soft and fluffy. The mattress was soft and perfect. The hotel is quirky and cool, the lobby is great with modern sleek furniture and a few breakfast items for sale in the morning. There's a pool table there and the desk staff are very helpful and friendly. The location is very close to Jay St Metro and we parked in a parking lot nearby the hotel. I loved my room and my stay here and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The Aloft Brooklyn certainly looks like a european style boutique hotel, unfortunately the execution is seriously flawed.

Let's start with the positives - the beds are just right, the shower is ok and there is a definite vibe in the lobby. For New York it represents a decent price - we paid about £100 per night.

The location is interesting - definitely an area that is up-coming and only a 15 minute subway trip on Line 2 or 3 (Hoyt St) to Midtown, and a 2 minute walk to the subway station (quiet at night, but not too bad).

Major downside - there was no soundproofing in our room. We were next to the lifts with a connecting door to the next room. This meant we could hear conversations as people left the lifts, music from the nightclub & lifts plus anything happening in the room next door (from TV though to late-night 'conversations'). I've travelled all over the world and never had that problem before, I came very close to checking out on the first morning because of the noise.

The rooms are air conditioned - although the air conditioner is gigantic and sounds like a 747.

Front desk service was so-so - despite a pre-paid booking the front desk tried to charge us when we arrived, but otherwise they were pretty friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with connecting doors or close to the lifts
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank macks
Aloft_Brooklyn, General Manager at Aloft New York Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Cheers,

Thanks for your recent comments about the Aloft New York Brooklyn. We are happy that you chose us for your visit into the area. We strive to provide outstanding service each and every time. Please let us know when you return to the area we will be fashionably waiting for your return.

Tim Gilbert

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Clean! Convenient! Much less expensive than comparable hotels in the area. (Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express not too far from Aloft.....YUCK). I am going back. I will say that I am glad I had a room away from the elevators...it seemed noisy there. Keep your place clean and a a good price point aloft and you will do quite well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit at our Aloft property. Your comments are a report card for us as we strive to give outstanding service each and everytime. We are looking forward to your next trip.

Tim Gilbert