A great hostel but we had a frustrating stay. When I called to book I specifically asked if the twin private room had a double bunk or single and was told that all the bunks had a double on the bottom. I arrived exhausted after a fulls days travel to find a pokey creakey bunk in a room right next to the fire exit door to the kitchen, probably the loudest room in the building. Granted, a travelling couple might not be the hostels core market, but the reviews were so positive we thought it was the best New York had to offer on a budget.
The next day we were able to upgrade to a private ensuite, which had a double lower bunk. These rooms were brilliant, i can't recommend more for New York. You are right on a good trainline into Manhattan, the beds are comfy, the ensuite a bonus, though the walls are paper thin. The area is a little daunting at first, but really has a great alternative atmosphere. Sadly we could only have this room for two of the four nights so we were back to the worst room of the building, but we had a brief glimpse of a what it could be.
If you are a couple, book a private ensuite, perfect for a cheap getaway to New York; as someone travelling alone the hostel is perfect, the bulding is clean, the communal breakfasts and bbqs are a great idea. I'd feel more than happy to travel there alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn, 'The Hottest Neighborhood at the Moment! ' and 2 blocks away from the L Subway and only 10 minutes away from Downtown Manhattan. Smack in the middle of the hippest young neighborhood in NYC full of bars and restaurants. Look how nice we are: Free Street Parking in front of the building Free Breakfast every morning Free Wifi throughout the building Free BBQ every Wednesday and Friday (Summer) Free Movie Nights every Tuesday and Thursday! Free hostel party and live rock and roll every Wednesday in our secret basement Free world famous interiors to behold. Super Garden Super terrace with ping pong Super kitchen loft Computers with printers Please note NYC hotel tax not included in price. This is 14.75% in all rooms, this includes the hotel tax that is 5.875% and the sales tax is 8.875%. Private Room: additional NYC Hotel Room Occupancy Tax $3.50 / room per night". Rates DO NOT includes taxes and are subject to CHANGE without prior notice Please note that guests must be at least 18 years of age to stay at this hostel, or 16 years of age with a parent or legal guardian. Also no person with a New York state ID is permitted stay at the hostel. We require you to present a passport from overseas or an out of state ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your The New York Loft Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The New York Loft Hotel Brooklyn
- The New York Loft Hostel Brooklyn