“Super friendly, knowledgeable staff! ”

Alaska Aurora Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We pride ourselves on being able to offer an unforgettable Northern Lights experience. Our new viewing hall was designed and built specifically for viewing the Aurora Borealis. We Also offer incredible Alaska Ice Fishing, Arctic Circle Tours, Dog Sled Rides, Local Fairbanks, North Pole City Tours and we can custom design tours and trips to meet your needs. Free transportation from Fairbanks AK. on all our tours.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We used Alaskan Aurora Adventures for both a tour to the Arctic Circle and to view the Northern Lights. The staff - Scott for the Arctic Circle and Megan for the Northern Lights- were friendly, highly knowledgeable and genuinely engaged with everyone on the tour.
During the Arctic Circle Tour, Scott made sure we had the opportunity to see and take pictures along the route, he even pointed out a moose! The trip was long but passed quickly. The van was stocked with drinks and snacks. Definitely worth the time and expense!
We went the next night to see the Aurora. Megan picked us up at our hotel and took us to the most adorable cabin in the woods! It was stocked with food, comfortable couches and blankets.... everything you need to wait for the Aurora to show up! Around midnight, a small streak appeared as quickly left. At three, the show really began! Megan is a gem! She knows a great deal about Alaska and showed us how to take pictures using our iPhones.
This is a great company! I would not hesitate to use them again in the future.... highly recommend for all your Fairbanks tour needs!

All reviews
"long drive"
"two nights"
"amazing experience"

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is what you need to know:
1) Best tour company I have encountered in my many travels.
2) Jason, the owner, and staff are professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and accommodating.
3)Art is a great tour guide and exceptional, safe driver on icy roads and steep mountains.
4) Lodge on Northern Lights Tour is warm; comfortable; stocked with numerous snacks and drinks; and has a nice, clean indoor bathroom.
5) Vans are clean and comfortable.
6) Pickup for tours was timely as scheduled. We even asked for drop off at restaurants on 2 of our tours, and both Jason and Art had no problem doing so.
7) Jason was very accommodating and accepted our last minute request to go dog sledding.
8) All of the tours were well worth the money spent. We saw amazing Northern Lights, Moose, caribou, beautiful scenery, and had a blast dog sledding.

My two girlfriends and I did 4 tours with Alaska Aurora Adventures: Artic Circle Tour, Wildlife Safari Tour, Northern Lights Tour, and Dog Sledding.

We highly recommend this tour company. Many thanks to Jason, Heather, Megan, and Art for a memorable week to celebrate my 60th Birthday!!! Thanks for the memories!!!

1  Thank Colette U
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Yes, simply superb experience
-in terms of flexibility in booking/cancellation of the trip even 10 mins before the scheduled pickup time
-in terms of friendly nature of driver/guide/professional camera expert and what not...the all in one MEGAN who helped me setting up my camera to get stunning shots of Aurora
-in terms of friendly and non commercial nature of JASON. Jason sent out an email with satellite forecast screen shots when the forecast was cloudy all the night and offered either to cancel/reschedule for free of cost and even offered 50% off for the next night aurora viewing tour if we are not able to see any aurora with the actual scheduled tour.
-in terms of cozy and most comfortable heated cabin with a good variety of snacks, water, hot drinks and fruits.
-On top of that they offered us a quick 10 mins Snowmobiling in their property (as a passenger) as there are only 3 families in the tour that day.
-Particularly my daughter enjoyed playing with two beautiful huskies named Aurora and Turbo and a cat Mr.Rocky
-Jason's wife(sorry I forgot her name), she even took care of my daughter while me and my wife were busy capturing the aurora.
-I might have asked for the discount as we went on the second night as well but I paid them full as I'm very much satisfied with their hospitality.

I definitely recommend this place. FIVE STARS

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my 2 travel companions booked with this company never having heard about them before except that they came highly recommended at our hotel. We were first impressed to be picked up by a friendly driver, Megan in a beautiful van. Our drive out to their property was comfortable and easy. Once at the property we entered their beautiful cabin. We were inside maybe 10 min when they told us the aurora was happening. They walked us to the back of the property on the groomed trail. Once we claimed our spot we had several visits by Megan asking if we needed any help setting up our camera and settings. We did, she helped and we got fabulous pictures. We were outside for about 2 hours and then went into the cabin to warm up and enjoy all the many free snacks and hot drinks, warmed by a wood burning stove. Then we headed back out for more pictures and viewing. Then the next morning we booked with them for a dog sled ride and had an amazing time! Needless to say we think that this company is the best!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Artic Circle tour was unbelievable! It was a long drive but had stops for (clean) restrooms and pics. Alaska Aurora Adventures (AAA) provided snacks and water. Art was our driver and he was very interesting and entertaining and made the trip fun. He was an excellent driver and we felt safe on the treacherous ice road with almost the only other vehicles the truckers and most with oversized loads! Would highly recommend this tour and ask for "Art" for your driver. When we returned we went directly to the lodge/cabin to view the aurora. Although we were only able to see very faint lights that night, the cabin was clean and comfortable. We were picked up at the hotel and returned to the hotel that night by AAA. A very professional company. I would ignore the complaining reviews. Jason (the owner) explained many times that he cannot guarantee the viewing of the Northern Lights and you can always change your day of viewing when you get there based on current weather.