Review Highlights
Beyond Amazing - Pinch me!!!

Jason and Heather have built the perfect setting to experience the Northern Lights. With a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
celiaj1016
Long weekend trip to Fairbanks with my dad

My dad and I are from Georgia and have always wanted to see the northern lights. For Christmas I... read more

Reviewed 13 February 2019
adlandortho

Recommended experiences in and around Fairbanks
from USD 225.00
from USD 175.00
from USD 219.00
from USD 95.00
More Info
All reviews wildlife tour arctic circle tour northern lights viewing north pole dog sledding indoor bathroom combo tour beautiful cabin clear night hot drinks wood burning stove other companies professional camera take pictures chena hot springs wonderful hosts tour group
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is what you need to know:
1) Best tour company I have encountered in my many travels.
2) Jason, the owner, and staff are professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and accommodating.
3)Art is a great tour guide and exceptional, safe driver on icy roads and steep mountains.
4) Lodge on Northern Lights Tour is warm; comfortable; stocked with numerous snacks and drinks; and has a nice, clean indoor bathroom.
5) Vans are clean and comfortable.
6) Pickup for tours was timely as scheduled. We even asked for drop off at restaurants on 2 of our tours, and both Jason and Art had no problem doing so.
7) Jason was very accommodating and accepted our last minute request to go dog sledding.
8) All of the tours were well worth the money spent. We saw amazing Northern Lights, Moose, caribou, beautiful scenery, and had a blast dog sledding.

My two girlfriends and I did 4 tours with Alaska Aurora Adventures: Artic Circle Tour, Wildlife Safari Tour, Northern Lights Tour, and Dog Sledding.

We highly recommend this tour company. Many thanks to Jason, Heather, Megan, and Art for a memorable week to celebrate my 60th Birthday!!! Thanks for the memories!!!

1  Thank Colette U
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Yes, simply superb experience
-in terms of flexibility in booking/cancellation of the trip even 10 mins before the scheduled pickup time
-in terms of friendly nature of driver/guide/professional camera expert and what not...the all in one MEGAN who helped me setting up my camera to get stunning shots of Aurora
-in terms of friendly and non commercial nature of JASON. Jason sent out an email with satellite forecast screen shots when the forecast was cloudy all the night and offered either to cancel/reschedule for free of cost and even offered 50% off for the next night aurora viewing tour if we are not able to see any aurora with the actual scheduled tour.
-in terms of cozy and most comfortable heated cabin with a good variety of snacks, water, hot drinks and fruits.
-On top of that they offered us a quick 10 mins Snowmobiling in their property (as a passenger) as there are only 3 families in the tour that day.
-Particularly my daughter enjoyed playing with two beautiful huskies named Aurora and Turbo and a cat Mr.Rocky
-Jason's wife(sorry I forgot her name), she even took care of my daughter while me and my wife were busy capturing the aurora.
-I might have asked for the discount as we went on the second night as well but I paid them full as I'm very much satisfied with their hospitality.

I definitely recommend this place. FIVE STARS

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my 2 travel companions booked with this company never having heard about them before except that they came highly recommended at our hotel. We were first impressed to be picked up by a friendly driver, Megan in a beautiful van. Our drive out to their property was comfortable and easy. Once at the property we entered their beautiful cabin. We were inside maybe 10 min when they told us the aurora was happening. They walked us to the back of the property on the groomed trail. Once we claimed our spot we had several visits by Megan asking if we needed any help setting up our camera and settings. We did, she helped and we got fabulous pictures. We were outside for about 2 hours and then went into the cabin to warm up and enjoy all the many free snacks and hot drinks, warmed by a wood burning stove. Then we headed back out for more pictures and viewing. Then the next morning we booked with them for a dog sled ride and had an amazing time! Needless to say we think that this company is the best!!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Artic Circle tour was unbelievable! It was a long drive but had stops for (clean) restrooms and pics. Alaska Aurora Adventures (AAA) provided snacks and water. Art was our driver and he was very interesting and entertaining and made the trip fun. He was an excellent driver and we felt safe on the treacherous ice road with almost the only other vehicles the truckers and most with oversized loads! Would highly recommend this tour and ask for "Art" for your driver. When we returned we went directly to the lodge/cabin to view the aurora. Although we were only able to see very faint lights that night, the cabin was clean and comfortable. We were picked up at the hotel and returned to the hotel that night by AAA. A very professional company. I would ignore the complaining reviews. Jason (the owner) explained many times that he cannot guarantee the viewing of the Northern Lights and you can always change your day of viewing when you get there based on current weather.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I would recommend contacting this company for any tours while visiting Alaska. Went on the Arctic Circle tour and the Aurora Viewing Tour. It's a small family run business and they treat you like one of the family. Very knowledgeable about anything Alaskan. They have a very cozy Aurora Viewing lodge and also have a photographer there with you to help you capture these majestic displays. Highly recommend this company!!

Date of experience: February 2018