All reviews sourdough cabin chena river chena hot springs northern lights larger cabin fire pit heated floors winter wonderland dog sledding aurora viewing grocery stores and restaurants short drive mother nature perfect place to stay bed was very comfortable stayed nights bruce
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had a great 5-day stay in the Chinook cabin! The property is beautiful, great log architecture, nearby river right at the backyard, and the cabin featured all the advertised amenities (wifi, kitchen, jetted tub, etc). However, it's the un-advertised touches that really made it special... fresh flowers, spotlessly clean, a personal welcome left by our hosts for us, etc. Also, the cabins are conveniently located between Fairbanks and North Pole, just minutes by car from whatever convenience you'd need.

Describing the cabin only gives the physical picture though. What really brings this vacation spot to life are the owners. Bruce is amazingly talented as a craftsman, and Debi (and her son) are both artistic to boot. They are effusively pleasant [as is their dog Molly], and showed us every possible courtesy and pleasantry that one could hope for!

Thank you for a fantastic week!

--Mike & Lois

Room Tip: The Chinook cabin has multiple beds and two bathrooms, a convenience for space and privacy even if it's just two people travelling, as we were.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalteseFalcon
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Thank you Debi and Bruce for a wonderful retreat. Your cottages (log cabins) are absolutely beautiful and we could not have asked for more. Miss Molly was a real treat for us and touched our hearts with her playfull antics. We hardily recommend this as a primary destination for all travelers who wish to experience a real Alaskan retreat in a beautiful, peaceful, and comfortable setting wilderness setting. We literally melted into the soft pillow topped beds each night. The walks along the river, with all their wilderness splendor, were a delight. Debi, your taste in decorations are outstanding! We look forward to our next visit in March of 2014.

Room Tip: Choose any cabin....and you have made an excellent choice!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat F
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had such a blast staying at Debi and Bruce's cozy cabin! The property sits on a gorgeous garden RIGHT next to the Chena river, So peaceful and tucked away. We were able to meet their cute puppy, Molly while picking fresh produce from their well kept garden. Debi and Bruce also insisted us to use their two person kayak!! They dropped us off a little ways up stream in their truck and saw us off to mosey down the river. We saw many beavers, they were so cute!

We highly recommend staying here on this lovely property!
It's an experience you will never forget!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed in the Sourdough Cabin which is clean and very nice decorated with everything you need for self catering. Perfect location between Fairbanks and Northpole in beautiful and quiet surroundings.

Room Tip: The Sourdough and Chinook cabin mainly differ in their size.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OreoReeses
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We had an unforgettable stay at Riverbend Log Cabins. The Chinook cabin was perfect! It was just like being at home.

I came to image the aurora. I wanted to be able to walk outside and photograph. Your location was just what I wanted. I could have photographed from the balcony but I chose to walk a short way to the river and image from the river. What a beautiful view. Trees along the edge of the river and open sky above. A perfect balance.

The owners went the extra mile to help me run time-lapse photography. They showed me where the power was, then lent me an extension cord to get where I wanted to set up. My equipment sat outside all five nights and I never worried about it.

If that wasn't enough, one night they filled the fire ring and started a fire for me. For an hour I had the earth and sky all to myself. I have always wanted to sit by the firelight at night in Alaska. It was so much fun when the owners and the other guests joined me. Friends, aurora and a warm fire. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thank you for making my stay incredible! I recommend your place to anyone traveling your way. It is perfect for aurora imaging, stargazing or just enjoying nature. I'm sure the summer is just as beautiful. I will be back!

Terry M.
Past President Astronomical League

Room Tip: Both cabins are beautiful. The Chinook cabin is larger.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family