All reviews sourdough cabin chena river chena hot springs northern lights larger cabin fire pit heated floors winter wonderland dog sledding aurora viewing grocery stores and restaurants short drive mother nature perfect place to stay bed was very comfortable stayed nights bruce
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at Riverbend in February 2012. Debi our host was incredibly friendly, helpful, and gracious. She provided tips and info on places to visit during our stay in Fairbanks. We stayed in the Sourdough cabin which was quaint, clean, and comfortable. The cabin faces the Chena river which runs along the back of the property and was a gorgeous view. On our last day we saw the resident moose (2 of them) grazing right outside our window! Overall we were very impressed with the accomidations and would definetely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We spent 10 days in the Riverbend cabins (December 2011 - January 2012). And in one word I can say that everything was PERFECT.

1. Location: 20 min. driving to the University and the downtown in Fairbanks. 12 min. to the supermarket in Fairbanks or in North Pole. 50 min to Chena Hot springs.

2. The place really beautiful. Everything snowy and so quiet. I suppose in summer it is also very beautiful.

3. The cabin (Sourdough) so cozy!! 100% clean. Warm. Perfect for a couple.

4. The owners - wonderful people.

5. Of course we will stay there again and again!

I think we were really fortunate to find this cabins!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pranah
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We decided to have a family trip to Alaska in January in the hopes of seeing the Northern Lights. What we didn't expect was a cute little log cabin to enjoy our inside time. Bruce & Debi Hanson were so welcoming and nice. We wish we had more time to visit with them, so we might just have to come back.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a beautiful, private little cabin on the river, this is it. Also, it's only about 20-30 minutes from Fairbanks and 10 minutes from North Pole.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My experience at the Sourdough Cabin was EPIC!. It's so beautiful, peaceful, clean and a great place to see the Northern Lights. I traveled from NYC to Fairbanks, Alaska and was amazed the tranquility that Fairbanks has to offer. The stay at the Sourdough Cabin(s) added more to it... not to forget the Debi... she welcomed me and my friend with open arms and treated us like friends rather then just a regular Joe-Shmo (you don't see that here in NYC). I will definitely refer this place to anyone and everyone I know who is traveling to Fairbanks, Alaska. Thank you soo much!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Sourdough Cabin in September. The cabin is really very nice, and we were made to feel very welcome by Debi. The main purpose of our trip was to see the Northern Lights, and to relax after spending a few days ice climbing and glacier camping. Our first night there we were able to see the lights. Quite an incredible sight to see. We managed to see them again on our second night. Sadly, on our third and final night, it was raining, so we didn't get to see them. But seeing them twice was phenomenal. We managed to see some sights while we were in Fairbanks, driving thru Denali Park, and travelling up to the Arctic Circle. Coming back to the cabin at night was great. It's very quiet and relaxing, and there's a river that runs right behind the property. Very beautiful. I wish we could have stayed longer, and I hope that we can return in the future. I highly recommend staying at Riverbend if you're in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends