I was housed here from May through December and have returned for another 6 months in March 2012. When I first got here last May I thought it wasn't that great because I was expecting a resort similar to what you get in the lower 48. However, Wedgewood did not disappoint me. The buildings were built in the late 60's? but inside has been redone. It is simple, but nice and clean very clean. I never saw one bug inside my apartment the entire time. First floor is quieter and cooler than second. There are alot of mosquitos in June but they almost go away come July and that is true everywhere here not just Wedgewood. Great location for daily walks/hikes through Creamers Field and viewing Northern lights in fall/winter. There is an AC in bedroom. The staff is fantastic. They bring you your mail, clean your apartment weekly provide towels, empty trash, and do a nice job. The grounds are beautiful in summer with awesome gardens. I've seen where others live up here and truly this is the best place in town. Quiet, safe and people are friendly. They allow a gas grill on your deck. Good parking. I'd stay here anytime. There is no pool but you really don't need one. Keep in mind I'm not talking about Bear Lodge part of Wedgewood but the Wedgwood apartments next to Bear Lodge. Bear Lodge is for the tourist groups that come in and I've never stayed there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on 105 acres, Wedgewood Resort is an ideal location to experience the natural beauty of Fairbanks. Surrounded by a 75 acre wildlife sanctuary and a 2,200 acre waterfowl refuge, makes Wedgewood the best destination for travelers wanting a quiet getaway while they explore Fairbanks. Seemingly miles from anything, yet just minutes to shopping and attractions. Wedgewood is minutes from downtown and an easy walk to the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum located on the resort property. Spread out in an expansive residential-style one or two bedroom suite with fully-equipped kitchen or relax in a spacious guest room at Bear Lodge. Either way, you will enjoy the onsite restaurant, bar and Internet Café offering complimentary computers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wedgewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wedgewood Resort Fairbanks, Alaska
- Wedgewood Hotel Fairbanks