“Special location”
Review of Wedgewood Resort

Wedgewood Resort
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Fairbanks
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This is our 3rd trip to the winter wonderland of Fairbanks & our 2nd stay at Wedgewood. We have also stayed at Sophie Station (a Fountainhead partner). We prefer this location since it is on the edge of town & we can xc ski/snowshoe right out the door. During this visit we found the staff so friendly, helpful & courteous & our suite was kept immaculate. The kitchen is adequately supplied so we enjoyed simple meals in the comfort of our Fairbanks "home away from home for the holidays".

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adora01

Reviewed 23 December 2011

What a wonderful and nicely priced retreat. I was TDY to Fairbanks and was located at the Wedgewood. What a treat. So different from some of the cramped little hotel rooms I've stayed in. I could have moved right in and stayed. It was clean, well organized, nicely furnished. I loved the full kitchen. It's location near recreation/walking/hiking/birding makes off work hours pass quickly. The staff is fun, helpful, and thoughtful. I want to come back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank allysue
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here as part of a Globus tour that started in Fairbanks. My friend and I stayed 3 nights here at the Wedgewood Resort, not at Bear Lodge, and the accommodations we had were spectacular!!! They were literally as big as apartments! We had a room with our beds, a full kitchen and a huge living room area with a huge tv and wifi. It was amazing!!!
If I come back to Fairbanks, here is where I would always stay! There was a lot to do at this resort, from nature things to car museums, it really was pretty elaborate. They also have a free shuttle every hour between certain times which stops in 4 places, so if you need groceries there is a stop at a huge place for that, pioneer park, the university etc. So if you dont have a car you can still get around to things you need.
We were both very impressed and really enjoyed our stay here. It was definitely a favourite!

Room Tip: Apartment rooms are amazing!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Toni F
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bear Lodge, a part of Wedgewood resort in Fairbanks, AK. We were there as part of a cruise-tour with Discover Alaska. The room was very comfortable and clean, the restaurant was excellent. There were many amenities offered that were unusual and very nice. One was a presentation by a dog sledder. We attended that presentation and it was excellent. The grounds are beautiful. We arrived very late in the season, and the hotel closed the day we left. The only disappointment was no free shuttle into town on closing day--a minor issue. Overall this was a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank mmfromflorida
Reviewed 27 September 2011

In Fairbanks for a week of business meetings, the Wedgewood was truly a "home away from home." The Bear Lodge was closed for the season, so I stayed in the L Unit. My "room" was a complete apartment! I shopped and ate breakfast in, and at night I either ate out or cooked. The property restaurant was closed, so I walked or drove to nearby restaurants.
The staff was very helpful, friendly and efficient. The room and property were clean and attractive. The shuttle bus, running every hour, was a great deal (free!) It only runs during tourist season, so if you are there during late fall and winter, don't count on it!
What a genuine treat to discover Ken Anderson, Iditarod and Quest musher, giving a FREE presentation on the property one evening! Amazing! There were few people in attendance, and I wondered if those present had any idea what a rare experience it was to have Ken standing just feet away, visiting like he was sitting in your living room. BIG THANKS to the Wedgewood for his sponsorship and this opportunity for the guests!

Room Tip: There were no elevators in the building where I stayed (and three floors.) If you need a ground flo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business