“Quaint and comfortably Irish! ”

Colonial Tavern Home To the Irish Brigade
Ranked #19 of 481 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Quite a decent joint. You see I have a love affair with good Irish stew ( see the one I provided in Adare, Ireland). So the Irish stew here is one a scale of the one in Ireland about a 6. Which on a scale of 10 is pretty good! So congrats to this tavern.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to grab a bite to eat and a cheap beer. The bartender was great and super friendly. Awesome place for a night out.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

As residences of Fredericksburg this was actually our first visit and I have to say everyone was well satisfied with their meal. I had the cordon bleu which was excellent and topped it off with a Devils Backbone Vienna Lager. I think it is the best that I have had. Really a nice taste. Also included were fish and Chips, Corn beef stack and a grilled cheese for the little guy. Try the appetizers as well. This place appears to be a local watering hole but that's OK. The bar is separate from the dining area. Now, they also have music most every night. I would call ahead 540-373-1313 to see what is going on. Not a problem for handicap. Pretty easy to find. If you are in the downtown area, head south either on Sophia or Princess Anne and take a right when you see the railroad bridge. From Princess Anne a block up on your left at the corner. You can take a left and enter to your right as you make the turn or just go past it, and you can enter just past it on your left. It sits right at the corner. The meals are in the $12-15 range. Decor is of the back in the day style.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my meal here. I had the beef stew, my son had shepherds pie and my daughter-in-law had chicken pot pie. Everyone said their entree’s were delicious. Our waitress was friendly and capable as well. Will definitely be back when in the area!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Stopped in where while driving through Fredericksburg on a whim. It was Saturday afternoon and they had a band playing (at a reasonable volume, I'll add!). It was fairly busy, but we were seated right away. They had the normal selection of Irish and American beers. I was excited to see Smithwicks on tap, which I don't run into as often here. I ordered the Chicken Pot Pie, which was amazing! Two days later, I still keep thinking about it. My husband had the beef stew, which he was also very pleased with. The staff was very pleasant and apologetic for the slow service (it seemed unusually busy the day after a large storm in the area). I will happily come back next time we're in town.