“Overpriced and underwhelming”

Central Park Fun Land
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

As someone that grew up with arcades and local amazing go kart tracks, I was looking forward to checking this place out with my kids during a visit to Fredericksburg. This place left me wishing it was the late 80's and early 90's again because it falls short in so many areas.

To put it simply: this place is a cash grab. As probably the only option for this sort of entertainment around the area it does well business wise I would imagine but that's also because they impale you with the cost of their "fun". I realize that businesses are there to make a profit, but there is such a thing as overpricing just because you can. I believe this place falls squarely into that category. It is a very expensive and not altogether rewarding experience. Underwhelming is probably the best way to describe it, as there are rides (why??) in this place that take up an enormous amount of room that could be used for the latest and greatest in games, etc. The exterior Go Kart tracks, again overpriced, are pedestrian and the Karts need tuning. To say they are slower than they should be is fair.

It wasn't all horrible, but it was definitely a waste of money and time and not a place I will frequent again.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"attractions"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Not big, but big enough for kids/tweens to have some fun. Lots of indoor stuff for cold/rainy days and some great stuff that even adults can enjoy outside. I'm 59 and enjoy going there with the littles.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

The actual birthday room and event went well and when you're done they ask you to complete a survey of your experience. Trust me, I wish I had had the survey after we left the room. We had 14 in our party and once you get your wrist band and card, they recommend you enter your card into the kiosk in case it gets lost. Well this was a fiasco with 14 children and only being able to enter one email per child. The whole reason was to get an additional $6.00 for each card. We also had the unlimited package and were assured that we would have free refills of our drinks. Well that's only if you can find the host who did your party. It seems each staff member has their own idea of what you can and can't do. We were also told that if the children wanted to ride a ride and no one was there to start it, just ask the attendants in red and they could run the ride. After waiting 45 minutes, one of the children gave up and walked away. We were also assured they would care for our birthday cake left over. We told them it was an ice cream cake but unfortunately, they put it in the refrigerator, not the freezer. 6.5 hours later, we were handed a box of mushy cake. Our birthday girl was very upset! I did notify the Center Manager, Clint Novak but never got a reply. After spending $500 for this party, a response would have been nice. Unfortunately, we won't be recommending this place to any of our friends or family. Communication is poor, the staff is not proficiently trained and no one seems to care about the party goers once they leave the party room.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We went last Saturday evening. Myself, my 19 year old son, 12 year old daughter and 10 year old son. It was our first time so I wasn't sure what to expect. I admit when I first looked up at the prices my mind was a little blown. We opted for the wristbands because that seemed like the better offer. After being in there for hours and seeing all of the activities that the kids were able to do, it was a great deal. It wasn't very crowded while we were there, although I heard it does get pretty crowded sometimes. My kids can't wait to go back!!! I already told them we'd return next weekend.