“"Miso Hungry"...”

Ranked #24 of 495 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

That's the catchy little phrase on the back of the t-shirts worn by the employees at this little Asian diner. And, it also describes me just before my grand entrance to this all Asian eatery. The restaurant is small, with a nice bar area, but very modern, clean and inviting.
Food) Miso is known around here(some locals told me), as the best sushi spot in town. And I don't doubt it: the sushi chefs were preparing the colorful rolls one after another. The sushi menu alone is huge. There's combinations I've never even heard of. Tried the volcano roll, and it was excellent. But the menu is much more than sushi. They have soups, salads, Chinese entrees and more. Ordered the house Asian chowder, served in a beautifully curved bowl, which was delicious. The Kung pao chicken jalapeño was excellent, though it may be a bit spicy for some. The tempura was good, but not great. It was just a tad soggy. Overall I give the food a solid 4.5, And the sushi itself a 5.
Service) Sat at the bar, and the service was excellent. Water glass stayed full, food came out quickly, and the beer was ice cold. Everyone was friendly, including the charming nearby hostess, who seemed to add to the inviting atmosphere, with her personality. Service is a 5 for sure.
All n all, I feel after just one visit, this is an excellent choice for Asian fare. I'm almost wishing I hadn't been so hungry, as I would've settled on a few of their eye popping sushi rolls. But at the same time, I got to try a little of everything. If you're looking for sushi and more, served in a clean and friendly place, this is the spot.... Enjoy

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I was skeptical to try sushi in Virginia. But I have to say it wasn't bad at all. Beautiful presentation staff was super friendly

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The restaurant is somewhat larger,than the typical Japanese restaurant, service is fast very polite the place is clean, no smell, chairs are comfortable.
The food deserves a new line. Outstanding, the miso soup is very good, they have a sashimi plate wit 18!! slices, the tempura, and sushi are also excellent, in terms of drink the 18oz Sapporo should satisfy any thirst .Great for lunch or dinner child friendly, we were there with a 4y old and a 7 y old .

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Love this place - best sushi around. And the people working there are always polite and quick to explain things on the menu.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

My son and I used this as a meeting spot as Fredricksburg is almost half way between us. This place is great! There is ample parking, the food was incredible! We had sushi as an appetizer then he had General Tso's Chicken and I had the Drunken Noodles. ALL WAS AWESOME! Waiter was wonderful as well. We couldn't have been more pleased. We will eat here again!