“Nice food”

Add it.
Budda Chen
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Nice food, reasonable price and good service...highly recommended . I had fried calamari and drunken pork, both dishes were made with fresh ingredients and they were really tasty.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

I have seen many establishments come and go at this location. But hopefully this restaurant will stick. The prices are typical city prices for a nicer restaurant. The selection varied and everything we tried was delicious. The small plate menu was interesting. You can order three for $18 on Monday through Thursday. We tried three and found them tasty and reasonable to share. We also ordered twin lobsters cooked asian style and we spent much time slurping the sauce off the shells. The service was a little slow. The waiter apologized for the wait because it was really busy. I looked around and there were only about 6 or so tables seated. This left me a bit perplexed because the restaurant probably has about 30 tables. Never the less, I was not in a hurry, so it didn't matter. It was also a bit chilly inside the restaurant, so dress warmly.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Buddachen is a surprisingly unique find in a sleepy section of Brookline with few other food options. I was only passing through the suburb for the evening and took advantage of the restaurant's "small plate special" where you could combine three entrees for the price of 2. It was definitely excessive food for one person (especially when combining with the edamame starter), but I used the opportunity to try a number of the dishes that had come highly recommended by the restaurant staff. I took the whole meal for takeout which was still arranged nicely. I didn't get to experience it for more than five minutes to pick up my meal, but the interior seems very well decorated with a bar area that feels like an Asian-influenced neighborhood pub and then a well-appointed contemporary spin on a traditional Asian restaurant further back. The food was generally excellent quality and well-thought out. My only complaint was that the food was a bit under-spiced for typical Asian fare. This isn't insolvable but once I had left the only condiment that had been provided was a single packet of soy sauce.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

They recently added "Asian Tapas". You can choose a number of smaller items for a great price. Srvice was fun and prompt

Reviewed 3 August 2012

close to hotel and fresh food - we actually got take out and it was as well prepared as if we had sat down in the restaurant itself