Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Beautiful wedding or event space

I have attended several events here and they are always beautiful. This historic site is well worth... read more

Reviewed 9 February 2016
shrtsassygirlyinTX
El Paso
Great Large Gathering Place

Attended a large retirement party and it was a grand celebration! The food was good and plentiful... read more

Reviewed 15 December 2015
LLP1957
Vancouver, Washington

All reviews catholic school chapel wedding joseph photos
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This used to be a Catholic School way back when. It is now a building open to the public, but used by various organizations and individuals as offices.
The public is welcome to poke around the building except for the top floor. (It's always the most interesting places in buildings that the public is barred from, right?) There is a small quaint chapel also open to the public, and on the bottom floor, a dedication area to Mother Joseph, who ran the school.
If you like old buildings, this might interest you. The architecture is nicely done. If you don't care for old buildings, well, you might get bored.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

The Academy, in Vancouver, is quite an attraction. Meredith Lewis, a local Vancouver artist, had a studio there that could be visited on Vancouver's monthly art walk, but she has moved her studio to another part of Vancouver; nevertheless, the Architecture of the building is quite amazing. As far as I know, The Academy is still locally owned by one of the wealthy families of Vancouver. Spaces are leased there, and many weddings have occurred, and it is located pretty close to Officer's Row. I have selected the date of visit as the closest option, though my visit to Miss Lewis' Art Studio was prior to March, 2016.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We were married in the chapel a decade ago. It was beautiful! It has such a lovely chapel. I have attended other weddings and receptions here in the past.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is a really classic building. You can feel the catholic school culture that inhabited the facility until the 70's when it was converted to offices and commercial training facilities. Can smell the old varnish from the woodwork and the floors.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

I was hoping for a different result than the other reviewer on the Academy's FB page that said "DO NOT COME HERE!". This building is beautiful and we did everything to ensure a good relationship with the staff from the beginning, unfortunately we had a very similar experience. On the wedding day two (one being the main lady) of the three staff were EXTREMELY rude and disrespectful to our guests and to us repeatedly. I'm not usually one to leave a review but after this horrible mistreatment I feel like I have to warn others so they know what they're in for if they choose this for their 'special day' venue.