“Great place for a wedding”
Review of The Academy

The Academy
Ranked #24 of 56 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: The Academy Chapel and Ballroom offer a unique and beautiful venue for your wedding and reception. With beautifully landscaped grounds, plenty of free parking for you and your guests and easy access from Interstate 5 or Hwy 14.
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We were married in the chapel a decade ago. It was beautiful! It has such a lovely chapel. I have attended other weddings and receptions here in the past.

All reviews
"great place for a wedding"
in 2 reviews
"joseph"
"photos"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is a really classic building. You can feel the catholic school culture that inhabited the facility until the 70's when it was converted to offices and commercial training facilities. Can smell the old varnish from the woodwork and the floors.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

I was hoping for a different result than the other reviewer on the Academy's FB page that said "DO NOT COME HERE!". This building is beautiful and we did everything to ensure a good relationship with the staff from the beginning, unfortunately we had a very similar experience. On the wedding day two (one being the main lady) of the three staff were EXTREMELY rude and disrespectful to our guests and to us repeatedly. I'm not usually one to leave a review but after this horrible mistreatment I feel like I have to warn others so they know what they're in for if they choose this for their 'special day' venue.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I have attended several events here and they are always beautiful. This historic site is well worth the price for the atmosphere alone.