“Sadly, extremely disrespectful customer service by staff of The Academy.”
Review of The Academy

The Academy
Ranked #25 of 45 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: The Academy Chapel and Ballroom offer a unique and beautiful venue for your wedding and reception. With beautifully landscaped grounds, plenty of free parking for you and your guests and easy access from Interstate 5 or Hwy 14.
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I was hoping for a different result than the other reviewer on the Academy's FB page that said "DO NOT COME HERE!". This building is beautiful and we did everything to ensure a good relationship with the staff from the beginning, unfortunately we had a very similar experience. On the wedding day two (one being the main lady) of the three staff were EXTREMELY rude and disrespectful to our guests and to us repeatedly. I'm not usually one to leave a review but after this horrible mistreatment I feel like I have to warn others so they know what they're in for if they choose this for their 'special day' venue.

Date of experience: June 2016
in 3 reviews
"photos"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I have attended several events here and they are always beautiful. This historic site is well worth the price for the atmosphere alone.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed 2 February 2016

I have been driver by this great old building for about 30 years but due to my stay in my hotel i discovered it is right behind and i was able to see one more old building .

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Attended a large retirement party and it was a grand celebration! The food was good and plentiful and the staff kept the drinks flowing.

Date of experience: March 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Vicki was a dream to work with, the venue is beautiful by its self or you can decorate. The price to use the chapel is more than fair. I SUGGEST A SPRING TIME WEDDING AS THE PRICE REALLY GOES UP FOR summer weddings. The location is easy for all your guest coming in as it is near 1-5 and walking distance to many nice restaurants where you could have your reception.

Date of experience: March 2015