“Lovely Breakfast. Inexplicable Hostess”

Hudson's Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 801 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: USD 17 - USD 29
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the beautiful Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, Washington. Hudson's is the quintessential urban retreat that provides guests with a calm refuge and a memorable experience. Discover the Northwest by savoring seasonal cuisine while relaxing next to our custom slate fireplaces or taking in the grand décor and original artwork. Your dining experience is eloquently enhanced by the live jazz piano music featuring locally acclaimed artists.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were in the mood for a special breakfast for six to kick off spring break. I made reservations the day before and asked for the booth by the fireplace. I was not promised the booth but given a maybe. We arrived a bit early, and no one was seated at the booth I wanted, but we were instructed to wait for an adjacent table to be cleared. The restaurant was about one-quarter filled at 9 AM Saturday. Several small groups were seated while we waited. When our table was ready, the hostess who could not crack a smile still did not motion for us until I went to the podium and asked. For the entire time we were there, no one was seated at the table I preferred. I have no idea why.

Other than the chilly start, I would have given five stars. Our server was wonderful. Our food selections were delicious. Very nice to have a carafe of coffee and bottles of water to refill by ourselves. They had a children’s menu that one child used. The lodge atmosphere is like the restaurant at Multnomah Falls only much newer.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We had both dinner and breakfast on out stay. Both were quite good. I loved the seafood stew. Best cioppino I have eaten outside San Francisco. Expensive, but I thought worth it. Huge chocolate mousse cake was quite good and my wife loved her chipotle prawns. Having the crab cakes Benedict for breakfast. I like the choice of toast because eggs come atop the crab cakes. I always wish I had toast to put jam on, but Benedict usually comes on muffins.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This place got pretty good reviews so I thought we would check it out. Wasn't that great. The hostess had quite a sour look on her face.... Didn't look very interested in being there. Then the waiter was running around like a chicken without his head. He even nearly scooped up my husband's drink before he was finished. And the fact that he acted so rushed made you feel very uncomfortable. My husband's steak was not med. Rate it was very rare and barely warm. My crab risotto was actually quite good. Not on it list to ever revisit.

Cindy

1  Thank Cindy R
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had happy hour, dinner, the kids ate of the children's menu. The staff is excellent! There was a piano player! Very nice evening!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

If you choose this dining facility you really can not go wrong. Good food with decent prices. Nice atmosphere and it even has happy hour drink specials.